Saw Rock Of Ages......

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Farrah • Jul 2, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    OMG, save your selves the time and money and skip this movie. It was so lame. I don't understand what all the hype was about. It was beyond cheezy! Tom Cruise just looked creepy. The only one that looked like they stayed true to life was Mary J. Blige. Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand.... I have no words for that part at ALL ... Please don't waste your money. I thought I was going to like it, since the 80's were in my time period.... but I was sadly mistaken!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review on the movie. I had not planned to see it before your review now I know I will not see it. I am not a big Tom Cruise fan.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there was any hype. Every reviewer and their brother said it was one of the worst movies they have ever seen. I think it almost in the lines of Plan 9 From Outer Space but not even that good.

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I am quite sad now as I was really looking forward to seeing Rock of Ages!! As a rule, I don't like Tom Cruise, he is the king of cheese and fakeness if you ask me, but this film looked so far removed from what he usually does my interested was piqued! Thanks for the honest review, Farrah! You also saved me time and money - I'll wait a couple of years till it is on television! :)

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Its been all over T.V, here, saying how great it was.... It was worse than Rat Race.... Everyone sucked in it. Like I mentioned earlier except form Mary J. Blige. I don't know how she pulled it off, but she did.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for the feedback, I was considering seeing it actually. I was not sure about what to do but now I know that I will give it a miss. I did see that it had a stellar cast...and sometimes when that happens, the movie is a flop as I think maybe...they depend too much on the cast and do not develop the script enough. Like with New Years Eve, in my opinion.