School Dinners Or A Packed Lunch?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by littlewitch66 • Nov 7, 2017.

1. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I once saw a video of Japan school dinners. They totally serve healthy food. I can see fresh veggies and fruits, too. How I wish the government look more into this. Not just education, wish they could also include school dinners as its package.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know more about school lunch. But if it is healthy enough then I would not mind either. I guess I will leave it to the kid. I mean many students come with lunch box from home. So if kids's friends are doing the same thing then I am sure kid will not like to stay in queue for long. I mean his friends may complete the lunch till that time. So it depends.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @Ohanga@Ohanga I agree with the length of time they have to queue as my granddaughter complains about it but the menu at her school is delicious. Parents and grandparents were invited to go in and sample the food on one occasion and I couldn't fault it, it certainly hadn't been sitting around for any length of time and was cooked to perfection. They have a very good kitchen team at her school.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think serving real food is better for the kids. I think taking good care of ourselves should be part of the education in school, we should not just learn languages, Math, Science or other academic subjects in school, but ignoring our health. I think if we are taught to take good care of ourselves, mentally and physically since we were young in school, it would definitely be beneficial to us in long run.

5. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    That's on point. I wish they look into this matter and give much effort to make things better for the kids. What is knowledge if a person's health is deteriorating because of sickness and unhealthiness. So it's better to start young. Parents ensure the kids eat nutritious and healthy foods at home and the school take part of it and be all responsible for the health of the kids since it's their second home.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My son prefers lunch at the school cafeteria which is just fine because the school admin is quite strict about they types of food being served. I myself had experienced eating lunch at his school and have first hand experience about their service. The food choices are not fast food type at all and are very much like home-cooked meals. In addition, he gets to pick what he likes to eat. It would have cost us more if we have to cook those type of meals at home. The cafeteria is also not crowded because they implement a staggered lunch break schedule.