Sears Appliance Outlet

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by pdxchristine • Apr 8, 2014.

1. pdxchristine

pdxchristineNew Member

Threads:
    We recently moved to a new house without appliances and I bought a refurbished refrigerator from the Sears Outlet. The particular fridge we bought was located in Missouri and would need to be delivered to us in Oregon. They gave us a delivery date and said they would call the day before with our delivery window. They didn't call when they said they would, so I called them the next day and they couldn't find my order. Then they said it hadn't left the warehouse in Missouri yet because it wasn't packaged correctly. They said they would call back in a few hours with an update - but they never did. I called back again that afternoon and got a different story. It took several phone calls to figure out that the incorrect packaging issue was not my order after all and that our fridge would be arriving in a few days.

When the delivery guys arrived they installed it and then gave me a tablet survey for the ordering process. It was extremely inconvenient and annoying to be handed a survey at that point, and it was not easy to give any written explanations for anything. I felt like Sears pressures their customers to give good reviews or no reviews at all in order to speed up the process; if I had given them any negative marks it would have reflected badly on the two guys who actually brought the fridge in The House. We got a good deal on our fridge but I would never order from the Sears Outlet again.

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I am sorry you had such a horrible experience.

I would never buy anything form Sears appliance outlet either. Although for different reason than you stated. I would never buy a product from Sears appliance outlet because their prices are simply to high.

Sears is the most expensive appliance outlet store by far. Just do a simple Google search. You will see that the forums are littered with complaints. I refuse to give them my hard on money. When i could go some where else, and pay less.

I would recommend everyone buy their appliances from Walmart. They offer the cheapest prices on everything thing. Not to mention they will match any promotional price you can find.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We had one of these stores near me, and they were selling a cordless vacuum cleaner that I thought I was getting a good deal on, but in all honesty, I hadn't shopped around to know what they even cost brand new. I needed a new sweeper, cordless sounded nice, and they were selling them refurbished/returned. It was packaged in a plain white generic box, and the packaging wasn't damaged so I figured it had been looked over and cleared to be resold. When I got home with it, not only were there no manuals at all, the device itself looked like someone had used it for years - it was full of scratches and nicks on it. I couldn't even figure out how to get the thing to charge up to use it, so when I went online to look for some manuals for it, that's when I realized they sold it to me for almost the same price that they go for brand new. I hurried up and returned it that day. I was worried they would try and haggle with me and say that I lost the manual and scratched it all up, but thankfully they didn't.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to work for one before I quit due to insane sexual harassment (I now refuse to shop at any Sears or Sears affiliate store). And let me tell you - do not buy from them! They say that the appliances are refurbished but like new, and that's totally not true. The appliances quickly break down after use, and the appliances you buy are not being made anymore, so there are no parts for them. I hope your fridge lasts you awhile, but you're right - don't buy from them again!

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Wow -- that sounds like a horrible experience. I'm sorry that your purchase didn't go more smoothly. I'm guessing you will be skipping Sears next time that you're looking for a new appliance!!