Sears Appliances

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Isabellas2007 • Jun 28, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I know that many people harp on Sears products. However, I have to admit I love to have Sears as a supplier for me to get my appliances from! So I have to say they are some of the best things around!!

2. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    Well I once went into Sears looking to buy a major appliance, and it was a heavy one. So I started talking to the sales lady about the article, and soon the subject of delivery came up. She told me that delivery was not available. When I asked he how I was supposed to get the appliance to my home, she told me "I don't know sir". Well "I don't know sir" did not get the sale.
    They sold me a good hunting knife once though, and I still have it.

3. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    We actually just bought a dryer from Sears a few months back. The thing was that Sears was the only place that had the dryer too, we went to other places like Home Depot and such and they had nothing we were into. And the customer service was really great. The guy who was showing us around really knew what he was talking about and he was very helpful. So, in the end we happily walked away with a brand new dryer. We're also planning to go back to get the matching washer too.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    The Auto Center and the appliance section may be the two things that can save Sears from this tailspin that they are in. They probably would do well to expand the Auto Centers and throw a showroom for the appliance section and then sell off most of their old buildings that they own.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Sears??! Amazing. I haven't shopped at Sears since I was 21 and had an account there with their Sears card. I never used the damn card to buy anything other than a microwave and a CD Walkman. They really had nothing I wanted selection wise. I hear they have an eyeglasses section now. But I'd rather get my glasses online for $150 and not have to pay Sears close to $1,000 for my prescription.

6. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I just got my warranty warning in the mail. I cannot believe Sears wants 1/3 price of my new stove to warranty it for a year! That's insane.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Sears has some pretty good appliance sales, especially for Black Friday. We got a really nice refrigerator there last year on Black Friday for half price. We had done our research first online and had compared several products from several stores. This fridge had great customer reviews and we knew that it was the one we wanted before we bought it. The sales lady was very helpful. When they delivered it, they made sure everything was set up and working properly. I would purchase from them again but I always do online research before any major purchase. That is really important to do because sometimes you do get what you pay for!

8. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I only get my appliances from Sears because I have a Sears card. There's no way I could pull together that much cash for an appliance. I have bought 3 dishwashers since 2002. You'd think I'd be smart enough to get the extended warranty but it's always so much. So I'm not happy with their dishwashers. My stove and fridge are another matter. They're perfect!

9. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    "I don't know, sir," is probably a better answer than, "Sir, you can take it and load it into the back of a pick up truck like other 50 people did today." It isn't rocket science. I get that not having delivery was inconvenient to you but this makes you seem like an adult-sized baby that just stomps out of the store because of an answer you didn't want.

10. Spudfyre

SpudfyreNew Member

Threads:
    Sears does not make any of their own appliances. They are Whirlpool, Frigidaire or GE. There are actually now only a handful of appliance makers, even less in North America. Everything else is just a rebranding. That's not bad, as long as you know what you are buying (price usually dictates quality). People buy the most inexpensive Sears brand and think Sears sells junk. Others buy great quality merchandise with a Sears brand and think it is great. On the whole Sears does a good job rebranding quality merchandise and this has largely kept a reliable name.

11. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased things from Sears, and have not had any kind of problem with the items. I am a satisfied customer.