Second Hand Electronics.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by NicholasMukuha • Aug 6, 2017.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've been burned several times by second hand electronics - desktop and TV - and I regretted buying them. They're a waste of money as they are likely to be in the last year/months of their useful life. There are far more sob stories about second hand electronics than there are happy stories about them. Sure there would be a short period warranty but they're too short for you to fully enjoy the item without worrying about it. The price difference is not close to a fortune, by the way. With a brand new item, you'd get at least a one year warranty. I might reconsider if the item is being sold by a relative or family member for valid reasons like they needed to either upgrade or downgrade or have no use for the item.

2. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille Exactly, buying second hand electronics is a big risk that leads to regret over time when the purchased items stop working shortly after.

#22Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    There are many avenues for buying a second hand products including electronic items such as online stores, regular/physical stores and even from friends and neighbors. Actually I would prefer the latter since I can always return the products if ever a problem would occur. But of course I will always check and see for myself if the product I am buying is working properly whether it is brand new or second hand. In this way I can save time and money too.

4. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    There are dealers that have a “pre-owned” sales program where secondhand gadget of the same brand are offered for sale. Since dealerships do not want to lose face for selling lemons, they usually make sure the used merchandise they sell are well maintained with complete service records (for example, cars)

The secondhand products being sold at dealerships, however, are priced higher than those that can be bought directly from owners, because these products have been checked and assured by the dealership to deliver years of useful service to its next owner. Also, some dealerships offer a warranty for their secondhand products. Buying pre-owned products is such a tricky decision, so you have to really think twice if you want the spending to be worth it.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you wanted to buy second gadgets for a reasonable price and great quality. Iretron is an awesome online store. They repair the second hand electronic devices before selling it to customers. My Iphone has been in great condition ever since I purchased it online from Iretron.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this website before and there are a lot of people that vouch for it's integrity and honesty, but still always be careful.