Secret Santa

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Gin0710 • Nov 19, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Do you have a Secret Santa or do you buy everyone in your family a gift. And if you're doing it for your office, what do you usually get your co-workers?

2. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my family and friends gifts and they do the same to me, we don't usually do the secret santa thing its just we all buy the friends that we find adequate to give presents to so it doesn't get mixed up or awkward in any way. It is an interesting idea and we did use to do that back in highschool but now we just do it plainly like that.

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I always buy some gifts for my family and friends ;usually they also gave me gifts of my favorite things. My elder brother has always offered me to go anywhere with him and this time I have already decided to go to New York with him to enjoy the Christmas day..

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike Secret Santa gifts, it's one of the most worthless thing to do. I like to give presents directly to a individual I wish to give, so I know exactly what I want to give him/her - it's much more personal and the receiver will care more about the gift. Secret Santa gifts are only good to do for public or professional exchanges.

5. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah but you could always give someone a gift card in Secret Santa exchange. You can never lose with gift cards.

6. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    valiantx ! I totally agree with when you buy a present for anyone and you should give him/her personally, because I think it increase the worth of your present. I also believe that Santa gifts are only good to do for public or professional exchanges but family is not all about secrets.

7. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I do for my husband, child and my immediate family (parents and siblings.) Occasionally if I have extra money I may try to buy for a friend... but I try not to break the bank at Christmas, I simply can't afford it. Honestly, I try to do most of my shopping throughout the year when I find things on sale - that way I am not overwhelmed during the holiday season.