See through clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Jun 5, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Without pointing any fingers (I'm sure most of us would know who though) someone recently wore a controversial see-through dress and had the entertainment districts talking. My question is, would you ever wear a see-through top of bottom out in the public? Honestly, I wouldn't feel very comfortable walking around with that kind of clothing. So, my answer is a flat out no.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen a lot of see through clothes in the department stores. I would never wear anything like that. I would have to wear a couple of layers underneath and I don't like to wear layers. I do like shear clothing, but there is such a thing as too shear. What celebrities can get away with are different than what everyday people can wear.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That dress was just to get attention. You never hear about Celine Dion or Sade engaging in such nonsense. Anyway, some see-through tops are nice but people should wear a shell or other layer underneath. Back in the day, there were jeans made out of see-through plastic but unless shorts or a bikini bottom was worn underneath, they were impractical.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched some award ceremonies for best music videos or something similar. There was one singer who wore a see through dress and I don't think she wore anything underneath because the cameras did all their best to frame in only part of her torso but when they gave us a shot off her backside, it was obvious [that she wore nothing underneath].

Maybe the entertainment industry is trying to influence young people to go around in the nude. And the more we see of that in music videos, the more commonplace it will get to be. So in future, see-through dresses are going to be the fad and after that people might as well walk around naked.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's okay for if women wear a see-through clothing as long as there is something more underneath it or as along us not all is see-through like for example, only the back is see through and not the front. It's okay to expose the back, but not the front. I am talking here about a shirt. But generally see-through clothing is fine as long as it's not abusive for those who will see it and especially for the one who wears it.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I would never wear see through clothing outside, I mean I don't even wear them at home. I have seen few wearing such clothing in public before and it did get everyone's attention but honestly, I don't mind for others, I just don't want to be the one wearing it.