Seeking An App: Fitness Cross Platform

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Penny • Feb 10, 2017.

1. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    This is kind of an "un-review". I have a product I am looking for and having trouble finding. I need an app that works with the top fitness trackers (fitbit, Garmin, Nike), preferably is android and Apple compatible, and supports group challenges. There can be a fee for the group organizer but not for the users.

I would really appreciate any suggestions people might have, even if you're not sure it meets all the criteria. I am making a list and have some people to go through and vet each of the possibilities.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Jawbone UP24 and it has an app that allows you to have friends, and also have challenges with other people. Probably some of the other fitness trackers would have an app that does the same thing, and would work with your fitness tracker. Which tracker do you have ?
    Also, some of the apps that track food, like My Fitness Pal , or Atkins, will also connect with most of the top trackers.
    I also have Microsoft Healthvault, and it syncs with my tracker, and one that is for Apple iPhones that is just called "health".

3. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter what tracker I have, I need one that will work with all the common trackers for a workplace fitness challenge. So everyone needs to be able to join for free and then all join challenges of various sorts like "70,000 steps in a week" or a weight loss group for people interested in that.

The closest I have found so far is Stridekick but every challenge is separate so there would not be a standing group, each challenge would have to be joins as a new event.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I use Pacer on my Android.I am not sure if it is compatible with iOS. It has groups, steps, tutors and it works in real time.

It also offers goal setting and different levels of challenges. You may want to check them out.