Sell Photos To Earn Money.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Vinicius Souza • Nov 23, 2016.

1. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Have you ever sold photos to earn money? No? There is an app for this. It called "FOAP", it is available in PlayStore and AppStore. The app promises $ 10 per photo that someone buy.
    Important! When a picture is sold, all right are lost! Your picture can appear in a advertising of any brand.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the information. I have actually been searching for a site or app I can sell photos in but have only found ones in which I have to invest and well I really don't trust them. If I invest and ends up being a scam is the type I am avoiding.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have sold 4K images last year to one web portal that was looking for country related photographs from different parts of my own country. I had initially planned to give them 10K images but I did a mistake. I informed some of my friends and the photos came at such a rapid speed that the owner had to stop them for time being. I hope he will ask me to post more images in near future. The rate offered was much lower though. I received approximately $650 for my 4k images which was not bad for my 50 days or so efforts.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the information. I too was looking for a site where I could sell some photos. Although I would like to know what kind of pictures do I need to upload. Is there any particular type or theme?

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    There are also apps/websites for your cell phone that pay you to post pictures without selling them and they can pay pretty well at times. I don't use cell phones much but one of my friends uses it and has already cashed out a few dollars for only a few pictures. The pictures don't even need to be high quality either so using a phone's camera is enough. It's easy.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have read about this FOAP short for Foto App. I know some of my online writers have been in that site to upload their images taken for sale. But they have a lot of problems met and also they have found it hard for their pictures to get sold. I may have the interest to sell some of my good photos taken for I do love photography. I am using my digital handy phone. Someday probably I would do it.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am just knowing of this app FOAP. This is one earning app I think I'll be interested in. The promised pay of $10 per sold photo in my calculation is fair. It's normal to lose the right to the photo after being sold as it becomes the buyer's property.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have just downloaded FOAP on my phone and trying to understand how it works. But I fail to understand why everyone wants us to download apps for different online works and what is wrong with if someone wishes to use website for this specific purpose. I think using my phone will engage me in online activities during my working hours (more than I am right now).

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    If I can get $10 from a photo,I can sell any photo I have. Usually I take multiple shots of the same object, thus, I have different version of the same photo. When I have to sell copyright it will not matter to me, because I have another version of the photo.
    I have not used this app.But I will surely check this out. I hope this works as described.

10. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of a site where I can sell my photos. I'm hearing it for the first time and I think it sounds interesting. I would love to give it a try, maybe I could make a fortune out of my photos.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are number of sites where you can sell your photos depending on quality of the photos and demand of the site. I have sold thousands of photos to a particular site in the past but at much lower rate. Now I am selling them indirectly and not at outright basis but on pay per view basis.

12. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I tried. Have made a lot of photos. Howver, no one ever bought any of them. What a waste of time!
    But wait... $10 per photo? Who would pay for it???
    They must be high quality photos.
    Maybe I'd better get some online Photoshop jobs.

13. elitesquatter

elitesquatterNew Member

Threads:
    Oh, that's a bit sad to hear. I did want to try it out but if it is as bad as you say it is, then I guess I should be more careful with it.

14. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I assume these are professional photographs we are talking about.

I am no professional. So I stick with posting pics and earning.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Some sites offer good money for tourism related photos for different areas. I posted 4000 photos of different tourist spots of cities in my surrounding region for a website which was listing them in different categories. Since I was allowed to post 200 images a day @30 per day for my hobby photography. I did the entire assignment in less than 45 days. I earned about $800 for the entire job.