Selling Coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by I'm Sarah • Jan 14, 2016.

1. I'm Sarah

I'm SarahNew Member

Threads:
    Is there a way to sell coupons on this site. I was selling on eBay and they finally caught up to me and shut down all my auctions until next month. I usually have tearpad coupons and mail couons such as Staples and bed bath & beyond. Please let me know the rules on this.

Thank You for your time

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, you are not allowed to sell coupons as this is stated on the coupons itself. Ebay can stop the auctions and the manufacturers do clamp down on this and can arrest you for fraud. I used to work for promotions companies and we caught a member of staff selling the coupons he was supposed to be giving out on ebay. We stopped that, and another time a man was caught taking a handful and selling them to a shop to redeem. The police arrested them both.

Don't do it because it is illegal and breaking the law. You can give away the coupons, but you cannot officially sell them.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember seeing coupon auctions years ago on eBay, but wasn't aware it was still going on. I wasn't aware of the illegality of the practice, though, since I wasn't in the market for coupons, so didn't check into it. I would suggest rather than doing something illegal that could result in criminal charges, perhaps you could sell actual items or services, and give the coupons as a bonus, to attract shoppers.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that people sold coupons. Obviously, Sarah it is something that is frowned upon..so I don;t think you should do it. Giving them away is probably one thing...but selling them something else. One of the stores I go to has a big coupon selection out front, kind of an exchange of sorts. It is one nice service that they do for their customers, and it is free.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Maybe you'll have a bit more luck in a site like Craigslist where the rules are a bit more lax. Although I'm still not too sure since I've never tried it myself. I know that the sales there are mostly considered personal though instead so it may be a bit more acceptable considering that these are personal sales. If you are looking to do it more regularly then you could just look for other sites while you sell on CL in the short term.

6. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    No not at all my dear.

7. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

I don't buy coupons and I would be afraid to because of all the fraud out there. I remember seeing a news report where this person was making coupons. The coupons looked real. She was selling them and earning a lot of money. Coupons are a big thing today. I just stick to printing them on sites like dontpayfull.com or my local Sunday paper.

#7Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    No, it will usually say on the coupon that you're not allowed to sell it or make a profit from it, so no online auction websites are going to allow you to do this. However, you can certainly try doing "deals" with friends and family if you want to sell your coupons that way - but I don't think that you would really be making all that much money from it to be honest with you.