Selling Household Junks

Discussion in Home & Garden started by gracer • Aug 25, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone! :)

Ever since I was a little girl, my parents have taught me how to make money with the junks we have at home. My dad reads the newspaper everyday so we would usually have a ton of newspapers every month. My mom and I would usually fix the newspapers neatly and sell them to a mobile buyer who usually goes in different houses to buy junk. We also keep and collect used plastic and glass bottles or containers, boxes, unused metals at home, and even our old and damaged appliances for us to sell when a buyer comes along.

The money earned from these household junks have been great sources of extra pocket money for me. There is money from junk if you learn how to make good use of them. Selling junks also help in environmental preservation since these collected junks will all go to recycling facilities to be put into good use again.

Have you ever sold household junks before?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I store all household junk as long as they are safe to keep it at ambient temperature. Some type of plastics can be dangerous to store since degradation would make it ooze toxic chemicals. Glass and paper are usually safe to keep, but for plastics you should check the resin identification code.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to consumption, our house is tops because we have lots of junk particularly the plastic bottle of condiments and cooking oil, boxes and cartons, old appliances (right now we have 2 electric fans due for repair but we don't have that intention anymore for they have been to the repair shop already). We let the housemaids sell the junk and we give them the proceeds for their extra money. To us, some pesos will not matter but for the housemaids that's big deal.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We keep all the recyclables and donate it to Kaiser Hosp. We brought newspapers to school recycle bins until I sold my car. Now we tie them up and leave it by the rubbish bin and let whom ever take it if they want it or sometimes I'll admit we throw them out.