Selling Magazines?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by LindaKay • Mar 18, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, so I have HUNDREDS of magazines put away in boxes in my closet. Most are food, recipe or lifestyle magazines, but I have a lot of beauty and fashion ones as well. Does anyone know if you can make money selling old magazines. If not, does anyone want some free magazines? LOL. They're some really good ones, so I feel bad about throwing them away, but I need to get rid of some of this clutter!!

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to know this too. I got a subscription to Rolling Stones with a purchase I made (I think it was concert tickets) and I didn't want it so I've never read it. I'm going to just put them out at the annual yard sale and see what happens. I would think maybe someone would buy them because they may have a celebrity in there that someone is a fan of. Plus magazines are a temporary thing as you can only get current issues in stores so maybe people would be looking for some for their collection. I think though special edition ones are better to sell.

#2Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't think there are many magazines that are collectors items, unless you are talking about mint condition Time, Life, or New Yorkers from at least 50 years ago. Even then, just go on Ebay to see what's out there and what it appears to be worth.

The best way to get rid of old magazines is to either donate them to your local library or an elementary school that uses them for arts and crafts. I've also had luck putting mine up (for free) on places like Craigslist, Freecycle.org, or random buy/sell/trade Facebook pages.

They are also recyclable.

It's funny to me, because magazines are the first thing I consider when I think of hoarding... I'm always eager to get rid of mine immediately after reading them.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I can totally relate to this because I've had the same problem before. I can't let go of my old magazines, I'm running out of storage space and the clutter is building up real fast. My nieces saved me from my dilemma, they
    had a sleep over at my house and made collages and scrap books using cut outs from the magazine, their finish products were really good. They still go to my house from time to time to get magazines and I don't feel any regret of
    letting of the magazines because I know that it will be put into good use.