Selling Music CDs

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Kaybee517 • Jan 7, 2013.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know of any website or company that buys old cds for cash? I'll be moving in the summer and realized that I have over 150 CDs of 90s music I need to get rid of. I don't use my CD player anymore since I have most of my music on my Ipod.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hastings buy cds if you have one near you also pawn shops also you might want to try a google search as well.

3. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've only sold my music CDs to Half Price Books, and they do pay in cash. If there's a store location close to you it might be a good place to check out and inquire about their buy back policy. I don't know of any other places or websites other than maybe amazon.com or eBay.

4. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    If you have anything that's desirable by others, try Half.com! Listings go up and you won't get paid until other people buy them, but at least you're directly getting the money. Better than from a third party.

5. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Some of the second hand stores, pawn shops might pay something. I sold some a few years back. Didn't get a lot for them. Decided it was not worth the bother.
    I am not sure if the music cd is now another almost done format. I know I bought some music from an Amazon secondary seller last year.
    Ryder13

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    For those of you living in the UK I would suggest

to sell your unwanted CDs.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If you have a deadline, then I definitely recommend trying to find a local shop that will buy them. I don't know of any good online ones. I personally sell mine through half.com like others suggested, but it could be years before anyone wants some of your CDs.

You could also try a yard sale or list them on Craigslist even.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I think that if you sell your cd's for a pretty cheap price on Ebay then people just might be interested in buying them. But I agree that a yard sale would be the most hassle free way. Why don't you try posting a sign in your front house saying that you are selling you're cd's and if they're interested, then just inquire inside? That might work.

#8Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'd try to sell different lots or selling each CD separately on eBay. Many people buy used things off it, so as long as they're in good condition, you'll definitely sell them. It'd take time though, so if you need to get rid of them asap, I'd try what some posters suggested above.