Selling old college books

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by mxc019 • Oct 29, 2013.

1. mxc019

mxc019New Member

Threads:
    I have some books left over from the previous semester I attended college. Is there a website online that gives the option of selling books for a great return. I tried eBay but it seems no one will try to buy my books because the quarter already began. Can anybody lend me a hand on the matter?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    You can try Amazon or just list them at the beginning of the semester at the school you attended. It can be easy because there are others in the same predicament. Unless your school is like mine where some of the teachers publish their own textbooks, you should be able to get some money.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some links which you the OP might find helpful:

The Amazon Trade-In Program allows customers to receive an Amazon Gift Card in exchange for over a million eligible items including DVDs, CDs, video games, electronics, and books

As long as your books are still in a good condition, virtually any "bookstore" would be willing to buy the books.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried selling stuff at Craigslist? I have seen a number of people sell their old books at Craigslist but as to whether or not they've successfully sold them, only the sellers could tell. What's cool about Craigslist, though, is that you can post your ad at different states, therefore expanding your visibility and covering as much ground as possible. Here's another site which might interest you:

. According to the site, they'll help you sell your textbooks for the most money.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree with xTinx I think Craigslist is a good second option in this case especially if you could find a buyer that could just buy all your textbooks for a bulk price. At worst, your books would just collect dust while you wait for a buyer but at least the chances of getting one are fairly high on that site, in my opinion.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    The best marketplace website for you to sell your old college books is Amazon, or you could just post the list and pictures of those books on Facebook, and hope that one of your friends would be interested in them. I know some people who utilize social media for selling stuffs.