Selling On Ebay

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Jul 4, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those of you that sell on eBay what are your best selling tips? I haven't posted anything on eBay for years, and when I did, I wasn't able to sell it. I find eBay confusing with all the upselling, and so forth that goes on. I just want to sell something with the least amount of bells and Whistles, and make a tidy profit. Can someone help me?

2. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I only sell two types of items on eBay and these are books and clothes. When I first started out, it was really very difficult to attract customers. But the moment you get a real customer, you have nowhere to go but up as long as you keep the quality of your good intact. The trick to making it on eBay is to build a loyal customer base. Another strategy is to promote your store and goods outside of eBay like in blogs and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing a no-brainer would be to pay the shipping cost. Those things can be a pain, so eliminating it would "stand out" your product more. Also, another strategy would involve making something similar to sale. In other words, buyers might need to be pressured to "get it now", so to speak.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I only tried to sell on ebay once and I was almost scammed. It was a phone that was in very good condition so I thought I would try and sell it. There were plenty more of the same brand there so I was surprised when a US member wanted to buy mine. He was constantly asking me for my paypal address and I kept wondering why he would want to pay UK shipping costs when he could have got the same phone closer to home. Alarm bells started ringing so I told him it was only for UK members.

I was right to be alarmed as a day later Ebay emailed me and told me that the member was suspicious so the listing had been taken down and I would need to relist it if I wanted to sell it. That was my one and only try at selling on Ebay as I found it quite offputting.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I have no special tips to sell on eBay. The game works when you are honest, caring and advertise good products to potential buyers.

Unfortunately, not everyone is like that and so they get frustrated because things don't go the way they want.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I really need to get into selling on eBay again. I have sold on it for years, but the only tip I can give is to be honest in your product. If there are flaws, then be sure to list them. Having good pictures and multiple pictures is important since those are what people look at to determine whether they want the product you are selling. Some things are easy to sell on there like video games and movies. I tried selling clothing but I didn't have much luck. So I stick to movies and games.