Selling Your Clothing and Accesories!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by zoeysmama2011 • Feb 23, 2013.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I am moving into a new apartment in about 2 months time, and I have tons of clothes and accesories that I want to get rid of. A lot of it is my daughter's outgrown baby clothing, and some of it is clothing, I no longer fit or like. I find the idea of selling my clothing online daunting. It seems so complicated. How do you sell your clothes? Where do you sell your clothes? And if you use eBay. how much success do you have selling your clothing and accessories, and how do you accomplish getting someone to buy your items?

In addition to that, do you ever find with consignment shops, that they often won't take your nice, expensive clothes, but uglier outdated ones? I tried to sell some of my daughter's brand new clothing that she never wore, and still has tags from Carter's, and they wouldn't take any of it. They were selling the most hideous, old dresses and clothes with stains and holes, though? :confused:

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think it's because they only want hideous stuff. It's likely because soooo many people want to get rid of baby clothes. They probably already had too many baby clothes and not enough people buying them, so it wouldn't make sense for them to take more.

On the contrary, Ebay is actually quite amazing for selling that stuff, especially if it still has tags....although be careful to not price them too high.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBay would be a great place to sell children's clothing especially if they still have the tags. I don't have any experience selling clothes. I sold mostly DVDs and VHS tapes.

You will need a great photo and a detailed description. List at a low price, that will help to get the bidding started.

Good luck.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    From what you are telling us a yard sale would probably be out of the question because you apparently live in an apartment. What about a flea market yes you would have to pay a fee to sell stuff there, but it might be worth looking into. Your right about those places that take clothes on consignment, they seem to only want weird ugly stuff, that I wouldn't walk out my front door wearing.

As for Ebay, I was a seller then some years back, here are some things I know and will pass on to you. Ebay can be all about fees as well, there is posting fee a closing fee, and there is a fee to place a picture on your action along with other fees as well. Now a picture is a necessary evil on Ebay and they know it that's probably why they charge that fee. People are drawn in by photos, I know that I am. So you will need to get good photos of the items and be able to download them to Ebay. You will also need to write a clear description, if there are any flaws in any of the clothing it needs to be made clear in the description, take my word on this people will give you a bad review if this isn't pointed out to them before they buy it. One more thing to take into consideration is preparing the item for shipping and shipping cost. Now I will admit this has gotten somewhat easier since the days when I was doing Ebay because of flat rate boxes that are actually picked up by the postal service. These are just some suggestions I can give you about Ebay.