Selling your Home

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Oct 6, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When selling your home it is a good idea to try to attend to things that you can handle yourself. By making small repairs and doing maintenance, you may make more money on the sale of your house. If something requires a big investment of money or time, you'll have to weigh whether or not it will be worth the investment. But, as they say, little things mean a lot. If a buyer walks in and Sees lots of little things in need of repair or maintenance, it tends to make them start lowering the offer price in their heads. Most people want a home that's ready to move into or they want a discount for repairs they will need to do themselves or hire someone to do. Get that little stuff done before you show The House.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, doing some repairs and improving the look of the location you plan on selling boosts both the price and desirability. But you need to properly estimate the price people are willing to pay and the category of people that's most likely to buy. For example. I live in a small flat intended for single people or unmarried couples (no kids etc). This means that those willing to purchase my place are interested in paying less, they are the kind of people that make repairs themselves and would love to buy a less 'fancy' place in order to save cash - so making improvements before selling would actually decrease my chances of selling because I'd have to ask for more.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'll want to make the least expensive repairs that offer the highest increase in the property value. Of course, you can't ignore major issues, and those should be tackled immediately no matter the cost. The little things can be fixed based upon their overall value to the home's value upon completion. Certain small repairs for a few bucks could make a huge difference in a home's selling price.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is so true, I've been seeing some apartments lately and those that don't seem in good condition certainly make the price come down. One thing that is hard work, but can value the house a lot is to paint it, we can recover our investment up to 10 times believe me.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When you are selling at home, make it look as if you don't want to sell it because if it's worth, that it would have been your loss to just sell it to for any amount. Make sure that it looks new and really worthy to be living at. Repair all the glitches and the flawless. Make it perfect and good as new. Make it presentable even if you are selling it just for a cheap price. Make it look that the worth of the price is greater than the price that you are selling it for.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A good thorough cleaning is the first step. A nice, clean, and clean-smelling home is attractive. The little repairs make such a difference, because it shows that your home has been well taken care of. Not only that but people want homes that are in move in condition. They don't want to spend time and money making a bunch of adjustments; they want to move in and set up house.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The location of your home does matter. There'd be no need to do any repairs or renovations if the person buying the property intends to build something else there. For example, in the area I live, property can be very expensive to buy and most buyers here always want to build something of their own [because building materials can be easily obtained]. Since you'd be getting a lot more for the property [compared against what you spent buying a home(years back when property was dirt cheap)] around here, no one bothers with repairs.