Selling Your Used Dvds, Cds, Games, Tablets & Cell Phones

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Diane Lane • Sep 27, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been decluttering, and have had a bit of success recently with selling my books online, so I decided to look into sites that buy DVDs, CDs, and games. I sold my games in bundles with the gaming systems, so I don't have any of those to sell. I do, however, have some movies and music CDs to sell.

I found a site called

, which tells you which site will pay the most for the items you're trying to sell, and though that, I found a few sites to sell my items to. I found the Bonavendi site easy to use. In addition to books, DVDs, CDs and video games, you can also check Bonavendi to see who will pay the most for your tablet or cell phone. You can easily plug the information in online, or scan the UPC/ISBN with their app to get a determination of which companies to sell which items to. Happy Selling!

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks Diane Lane. I will check that out. My current venture is to sell my snowboard, but I do have lots of other things I could potentially sell. Most of what I have is probably not what these companies want to buy, but it is worth checking into. Every little bit helps of course. Even getting rid of a few things is better than selling nothing.

3. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I generally don't like selling my old stuff, but when I'm having a tough time, then it would be a really considerable idea to take into account, of course. I use online stores such as e-Bay and some other stores to sell my used stuff, also, Facebook is quite good for that purpose.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's worth scanning the ISBNs or UPC codes on some of the items you have lying around, just to see. They don't pay a lot for most items, but there were some I was paid $3.60 or thereabouts for, and I was paid a little over $18 for one of my old textbooks. I have others leftover here that no one seemed to want, but I am going to try scanning them with a different company (I didn't know about the sellbackyourbook company at that point) and see if they want any of them, before I decide what I'm going to do. I might donate some to the library, since they still have a lot of good information in them, or perhaps to Goodwill/Salvation Army.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Sometime ago, I used to sell old cellphones and re-roll it to buy a newer phone, and then sell it again to buy another. The buy and sell stuff. I tend to sell things that aren't really in need or not being used anymore, at least you can earn from it rather than it's just being stocked and nobody does use it.

I usually sell items at OLX and I post to different buy and sell group page on Facebook which I think are both effective.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    There are actually several stores in my area that buy your used older games or consoles. I once sold my extra Nintendo 64 along with 25 games for about 350 dollars. Since they are old and collectibles, they sell each for about 20 to 30 dollars.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds a nice idea as I have a good collection of CD, DVD and books but never thought of selling them online despite knowing the fact that people upload these items on sites like OLX and Quicker. I once thought to give them to my friends but most of them seem to have stopped using them for a long time. However, to sell them online is worth giving it try.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am in need of some cash right and this sounds like a great idea to get my hands on some. I will definately look into it.

I do have one question though, will the buy phones or tablets which are broken?

I know that some people buy damaged products to fix and resell them. Will I be able to do this online? I have a a phone and tablet which screens broke but still turn on.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it is indeed a great idea. I would love to sell my old CD's and DVD's which I never use anymore. However, I won't be able to do that because all of my CD's and DVD's are all full of scratches that it won't be impossible for it to play. I was a bit disappointed since some of them are my collections and are limited editions as well. And those will have a good market value once sold.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good site to sell your old tablets and phones. No, I don't have any to sell but some friends of mine have a lot of old phones cluttering their stock room. They are the type of people who would buy a cellphone on a whim. Well, they've got the money that's why I wonder what they will say when I mention this site that can buy their old phones and tablets. With the DVD and CDs, I have some in my storage but just a few.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is very good information. Thanks for sharing. I have been meaning to exchange my current mobile with a newer one. I might as well check out how much I can get in return. Thanks.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing that site. I think it won't be profitable for me because I live in Asia, so the shipping alone will cost a lot. So I just use a local site, Olx, to sell my used items, or I use Ebay. Although I'm leaning towards Olx, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping the item.