Selling your used games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Strykstar • May 16, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you sell your used games directly to a new gamer or do you sell the back to the store?
    You can get a much better value if you sell directly to another person but sometimes it's a pain to find someone to buy it from you.

2. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    its seriously too much of a pain to go and find someone, id rather just sell it back to the store. :/

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't really buy physical games any more, so to be honest, I don't even having anything that I could sell back!

Years ago, I tried selling them back a few times, but they never offered much. I felt like it was better to just hold onto the games or gift them to a friend instead of getting the couple bucks back from the store.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I've given all my used games as a gift to my youngest brother because it was expensive to buy a new one for him. He loved it so much and is always ready to accept any other unwanted games :D

If I was going to sell them back though then I'd rather ask if any of my friends want to buy it because I'm not really a fan of going to the post office to do the shipping task.

5. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I don't usually sell games when I have finished, they usually end up left in the cupboard. I think it would be better if they were sold but it seems like too much hassle and I don't see why anyone would want to buy a used game anyway, if I bought a game I would want it to be new.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just try and sell my games to my friends first and more often than not I could find someone to sell it to just by that network because if none of my friends want to buy it then chances are they know someone who will. The only obstacle is when the game I'm selling is very popular which means everyone will already have one but even then it's still not that difficult for me to find one or two who don't.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBay. Selling to the store is useless, you get pretty much nothing back. Then again, I don't really buy physical anymore (I even buy most of my console games digitally), so...
    There are however games that are better to be sold to a pawn shop, because no game store or eBay user would want them (old sports games, etc).

8. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I find you will recover most of the costs selling through Ebay. I usually own Nintendo systems and find that first party games, (Nintendo) hold their value extremely well. Annual sport games lose 80% of their value after like 2 months.

If I feel a game would sell for under $5 on Ebay, I will just take it to a game store and use it for credit.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah it kind of is, especially when you're trying to get rid of physical PC game copies. Most of my friends play on a console and the ones that are on PC either goes for Steam or the more illegal options. But most of the time I keep all my games, console and PC alike. You'll never know when that time comes that society collapses and all you have left are your good old Halo games.

10. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    For our city we have a group on Facebook where people post stuff that they are selling and people make offers and stuff, like eBay I guess. But the difference here is that you usually just meet up with the person and do the exchange face to face. It can be a good way of getting rid of old games, but it's harder to sell a bunch of games all together as people usually only want to buy a certain games (usually the ones that are recent). But I usually just sell them to the store as it is involves the least hassle.

11. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I don't really sell my games, unless I didn't like it. Otherwise I tend to keep them, as I like to reply them at a later point.

Besides, now that I tend to download more games digitally, selling them after completing them is less of a possibility now. Times has changed!

12. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather keep a game instead, the money you get back for selling it to the shops is really poor. In case I ever want to play through it again for nostalgia I'll have it on hand. Also as others have stated, buying games digitally is the way to go nowadays since they tend to be much cheaper than physical copies.