Separate account for savings

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Peninha • Mar 8, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't get any interests for having the money in my second account, is just a way to keep some money separated, actually it's for my holidays, when the time comes we will see where we can go depending on what's there.

2. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Yes I to have a chequing account and a savings account. I use the chequing for my day to day banking and then use the savings to save money each month. I find that when I put the money into my savings account it really stops me from spending that money. Like you say it's kind of psychological but it really works. I also will put money in the savings account to save for Christmas and buying a large item. I suggested this to my son and he just started putting $50 a month into a separate savings account and he finds it an effective way to save for "rainy day weather" cash.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my kids are still small and they don't deal with money just yet, but I will put this saving system into them, I don't want them to grow up thinking that money grows on trees, I want them to realize that money comes from hard work and that we need to save it for when it's necessary.