Sephora Online Site

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by FlanneryCam • Dec 23, 2012.

1. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I've been shopping exclusively on the Sephora Online website for the past 6 months for my beauty products. Mostly I shop online because the nearest store is 45 minutes away in another city entirely.

Pros: -Can shop on your own terms (midnight, in PJs, whilst naked, whatever)
    -Can easily see what you purchased last in your account (this helps with repeat purchases like the colour of your lipstick/foundation)
    -Quick, free 2-day shipping on over 50$ orders (gets shipped to my door, not the post office! and I'm rural)
    -I'm less likely to make impulse purchases because I can't test it out first
    -Lots of free samples

Cons: -Can't try new products.
    -Harder to shop when you don't know what you want
    -I'm constantly forgetting my account password

Overall, I'm liking my Sephora Online experience. But I do miss the store. So much fun!

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I do like having the option of shopping online because every single time I go to Sephora it is just packed with people. However, I only go once in a while because it is much pricier than I have the budget for. I already overspent but I had to buy the Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 and it is amazing!

3. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I also like shopping at Sephora because of the "pros" you mentioned. My mom loves using Shiseido products so I'm always going to the online site since they don't sell that brand anywhere here. I like the fact that I receive my orders very fast compared to some other sites. And the free samples are useful too. It's a good way to test out other products.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    New site to me. It looks interesting, I will have to check it out to see if there is anything there for me.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping online because I can use my JCP credit card and you get free samples with every order. It's amazing when they have those perfume samples. I carry them in my purse and use them to freshen up every day. I also get cash back on every purchase by shopping through ebates first!

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've never shopped here although I have a store not too far away. Are their cosmetics worth the price? Im looking to upgrade and this is actually a direction I might consider taking. Would love to shop online if possible. Less hassle but would like to get feedback from real users on the products

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped there. I need to try shopping for makeup online. The Sephora Online looks like a great option, at a glance, because it has got a 3 Free Samples and Beauty Insider section that looks pretty educational. I used to get my beauty products from a clinic where we are a regular. I don't really trust my instincts when it comes to shopping for makeups and beauty products. I need like an all-in-one stop where the consultation is available, the free classes can be scheduled, and to add, they make the website look more professional.

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like the sephora website but I prefer to go in store. It's easier to walk around and try new products. I also like seeing the physical size of the product. Sometimes it doesn't translate so well on the site even if it has weight/size listed. I also am a bit sensitive to smells so I want to know that too. If I go to the website I usually don't browse around. I just go and look up what I want and order it.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The website is good for me to check what they have on sale and what specials they have. Then I would go in store and maybe try them. I know what I like and what is good. Often the stores don't carry all the lines, so online can be better as the specials are often limited. I like the kits they offer too and it's convenient to get your regular items.

It does help me to shop in store, so I know what to look for.