Shadowrun Returns - a great turnbased RPG for Android

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Nov 2, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't expecting much from Shadowrun Returns, a turn based RPG on Android. I never really got into dark and gloomy games that weren't in the survival horror genre. I thought that the dark environments and setting of Shadowrun Returns would turn me off but it actually grew on me. The story was gripping. It told a tale of a certain "Runner" who had to find the murderer of his friend. The gameplay is rock solid as well and is very addicting. If you want to have a solid RPG on your Android, this game is it.

2. wwalford

wwalfordNew Member

Threads:
    What is the story line and is it online play only ?
    Also what are the in game purchases like and the game play without in game purchases ?

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the story is a bit complicated. It's set in a sort of post apocalyptic world. You choose a character and you name him. You are a member of a group of mercenaries. One day, you find out that one of your friends are killed. You go and investigate the murder. Then you find out that there is a serial killer on the loose. Anyways, it's NOT online. It's an offline RPG and there are no in-app purchases. What you purchase is the entire game.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    If it's anything like the PC version (which it sounds like, from the story you described) it's a great old-school RPG.
    I've completed the PC version and it's a solid game, but since you don't have the modding on iOS, the story might be too short, it's probably around 8-10 hours.