Shall I Buy My Girl Agift Every Month?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by FenWoFon • Apr 17, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I know it sounds quite odd but I am that kind of men who really likes giving presents to the person he loves, specially my girlfriend, I have been doing that since we first started but I am starting to think about somehow stop doing it for a while or skip months because it is making me waste some good money, what do you think about it?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's cute that you do that every month. I'd love it if my boyfriend did that for me every month. I'd be a bit disappointed probably if he suddenly stopped too, if I'm honest. But that being said, I wouldn't be expecting him to spend a lot of money either.

What sort of gifts are you getting her? If they're expensive, how about trading out the more expensive gifts every month for one expensive gift for an anniversary, but other little treats throughout the year? You could get her something like chocolate, or maybe some ice cream when it's really hot, on a more regular basis, just to keep treating her. I bet she really appreciates that you do buy her things often. And it really doesn't need to be expensive. It's the thought that counts.

3. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well when it comes to gifts I mostly go for chocolates, candies, smetimes I make stuff myself like DIY and stuff, sometimes we go out to special places and that kind ofthings, I do know that I am spending a lot of money but I do it because I really feel like loving her :p

4. Cuteness' mommy

Cuteness' mommyNew Member

Threads:
    You're a sweet guy but you DONT have to buy your lady gifts everymonth .. If she is the right lady for you, im sure she wont mind as long as you spend some time with her hahaha you can even go on dates that doesnt cost much !!! Like watching movies at home or picnics at the park (its corny i know but its SWEETCORNY) ... If i were your gilfriend i'd love it !!! Oh and instead of buying gifts ... Its better if you do spontaneous stuff every month :)

5. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, I actually though about that you said according to if she's the right girl and stuff and I was like, what am I doing, she really is! I will try to do different stuff since now, thank you for the advices, you're a sweet girl as well ahha :p

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I remember back when my husband and I were just dating, we would give each other a "gift" when it was our monthsary. Lol. Monthsary, as in the celebration of the day that we got together as a couple. So for example, if we got together at January 1, we'd celebrate the next month at the same day, which is February 1 and so on until we have reached our first year anniversary. Actually, this is a common thing to do from where I am, especially with younger couples.

And during that time, we were just students so we don't really have enough money for that. But still, we continued doing so... Some months I would give him a love letter. Or maybe a craft that I did. It doesn't have to be an expensive gift per se, it can be handmade as long as it came from the heart. Besides, he said that he loves receiving such handmade gifts.

So yeah, you don't have to give your girl a gift every month. If you'd like, you can be creative and give her DIY gifts like:

• Love letters
    • Handmade frame with your Picture
    • A t-shirt with a dedication
    I'm sure she'll love these as well. Good luck!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The one principle that should always guide you before you spend any money is to never buy anything if you can't afford to lose any of it. There's more to love than gifts. Instead of buying your girlfriend gifts instead give her the gift of your time [time is precious!].

Or learn some craft and make the gifts you'll give her.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think it's practical, but if you have the money to spare and you genuinely feel like you want to then I don't think you should prevent yourself from feeling good by buying her something as long as it isn't interfering with your own financial stability. If you want to lower the expenses then just consider buying lower priced items or just small tokens or maybe even find some projects you could do so you could just give her homemade gifts which I think is even more valuable since you put your own time and effort into it instead of just buying something.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should buy when you can, as I am sure while gifts are nice she doesn't expect it all of the time. It's best to have something that means something rather than a gift for the sake of giving something.

It's not what you give, but the thought behind it that matters more.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree with Denis Hard and Theo....IMHO a relationship is not all about the amount of gifts you can give your loved one, it's also about the free things you can do for them like simply the time spent with them, or even something you've put together yourself. I agree, as sweet as giving her gifts on a monthly basis seems, it can be a bit overwhelming for the receiver, and if you're not exactly rolling in it, it's not sustainable in the long term. I would say just be spontaneous about it and not be too regimental about the monthly gifts.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's great that you want to do that for your girl every month. But you don't have to spend a lot of money on the gifts, because it really is the thought that counts, and you could make her gifts and it would be just as special. I know that I always appreciate time more than money, and I am sure that your girlfriend is just the same in this respect.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your budget is getting strained, then you should stop giving her gifts, since it's not really required to maintain a healthy relationship. The most important thing is that you take care of her by being there for her and by doing those little things that mean more than material gifts.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If it's negatively affecting your resources then I believe that you should reduce the frequency of giving these gifts. However, if you can afford it then by all means continue as you would because it's something you enjoy doing.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I feel in love you got to be you, so if gift giving is part of you why not as long as you can afford it. Love is between you and your loved one and I think it's so lovely to about gifts giving and receiving and I hope she reciprocates to you getting your gifts...love is wonderful and more happy moments to both of you!