Shampoo - Sachet Vs Bottle

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Corzhens • Sep 2, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is very common for the poor people here to buy the shampoo in sachet because they reason that they don't have the money to buy the shampoo in the bottle. Doing a simple computation would yield the fact that the bottle costs less than 30% of the sachet in equivalent volume of shampoo. Worse, the sachet is difficult to open that you would be needing a scissor. When our housemaids realized that explanation, they are now buying shampoo in plastic bottles instead of the usual sachet in order to save money and effort in opening.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only get bottles. I don't see many sachets out there, unless they are refills. I wouldn't get shampoo on a sachet to use it in that same packaging because for the shower, it's not practical. A bottle stays in place and if it falls, you just pick it up with no damage to the liquid itself.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sachets are generally only given as samples or sold as conditioning treatments in the UK at least. They aren't cheaper because once opened you get a couple of uses and then you end up using more than you need most of the time. Maybe buy them a bottle as a treat @Corzhens@Corzhens ?

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, shampoo in a sachet wouldn't work for me. It's just too fiddly and too much of a hassle. Like Theo says, I didn't even know retailers sold products in sachets because I've only ever seen samples in sachets. i do hope they're not being cheeky and selling free samples LOL If we had them here, I'd just save up and get a regular sized bottle. My hair is coarse and thick and really a sachet wouldn't be anywhere near enough because I use up a lot.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think you can save more if you buy in bottles. Whenever I go to the grocery, I can see some shampoos as well as conditioners in sachets and comparing to their prices, you will save more if you the buy the ones in the bottle. However, just like what @Corzhens@Corzhens said, some people who are struggling financially tend to buy retail products in sachets thinking it's much cheaper where in reality, it is more costly.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought that buying in bottles was cheaper but lately I have discovered that companies are offering shampoo cheaper in 5 ml and 10 ml comparatively cheaper than in larger quantities. However, I am buying large size bottles only.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy sachets because they're messy and are mostly non-biodegrable. I am always on the lookout for promos of my favorite shampoo and compare which variant is cheaper overall. Shampoo bottles generally come off as less expensive than sachets. Most brands either offer buy one take one or give out sachets for free. The big bottled shampoos aren't that less expensive either, so I do actually sweat it out and come up with savings of up to 40% with just the right variant.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy three different newspapers and pleasantly surprised to see that many big brands are providing free pouches of shampoo attached with newspapers regularly. I have enough to last for next few months and wish they keep their campaign running for years to come :)

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer bottles to satchet. I would finish a satchet in one wash anyways. I have used several either in urgent situations or when they come for free along another purchase.

Either way I prefer shampoo bottles than satchet.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use sachet and not bottles. While using shampoo from a bottle, I tend to use more than what it needed. In a sachet, there is a limited quantity which suits me. And secondly, I can buy the sachet whenever I need to shampoo my hair. I usually don't shampoo everyday.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used sachet pouches. I haven't even heard about them but the fact is that the more you buy of a product, the cheaper it is. I think it's better to save up for a bottle each time. It will cost a lot less in the long run. Let's say you spend 25 cents a day for a pouch for a week. That's 1.75 dollars a week or 7 dollars a month while a 4 dollar bottle will last you more than a month.

12. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I may be wrong but I think shampoo in sachet is in poor quality compared to the shampoo in bottle of the same brand. I always buy shampoo in bottle.I use sachet shampoo only when I am traveling.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy bottled shampoo as I find it way cheaper in the long run. I buy shampoo in pouches when I run out and need an emergency one which are sold in the mini stores around the corner. I can buy a bottle that will last more than a month versis many pouches that will last less.

14. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    People would do this in Egypt as well. They would buy a little sachet of milk or coffee. They do it though because they don't have enough money at the time to buy the whole amount.

For them to be able to buy the whole amount, it means that they would have to save up which is virtually impossible for some poor folk. That small amount of money would end up going on something else so they would end up never getting that whole bottle or jar.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever it comes to those things that you always need to have on hand, it is always whichever leads to the best price. Usually, the bottles are better priced and you can get more too.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    To many people somehow buying in small sachet is mostly due to the fact they have no enough money to get the bulk in the bottle. On the long run people pay more for the product when they buy in bits or sachets, it's understandable for economic reasons. The good thing, at least they are able to get to use the item.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is the usual misconception a shampoo user or consumer has in mind that a sachet cost lesser than that in a bottle. And it is too handy to buy and use a shampoo in a sachet and it is easy to store when it is in a sachet pack than that of in a bottle which occupies more space. And the practical reason, of course, as you have mentioned is the money. Poor people don't have enough budget to buy shampoo in a bottle.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The only sachets I have are the free samples I received. I will never buy shampoos in sachets because I save more money buying a gallon of it. A gallon can last for months for the price of a thousand sachets. I do heard sachets were big in 3rd world countries. Buying sachets though won't really save you money it is a scam.

19. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    It's either we buy shampoo or conditioner in bottles or refills. You can save a lot on refills though. We do buy shampoo on sachets but only if we ran out of shampoo and we won't be going to the grocery for a couple of days.