Shamwow!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by tommymac • Aug 3, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

AHHHHHH! Is that his mugshot? Man he looks like a meth head in that pic! But why is it that people who buy hookers now have to do cocaine with them? What is it some sort of rich guy Hollywood movie fantasy? Whatever happened to the old days when hookers were purchased by lonely men or men who weren't getting "what they needed" from their wives? Now it's like "lemme buy a hooker so I can have someone to do coke with". And don't these people realize that doing coke with someone will get them just as high as you? Two coked out people in a small hotel room will agitate one another much quicker than two sober people in a small hotel room.

2. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    No it is just a piece of cloth it's nothing special and after a while it gets all old and you just have to throw it away. I dont know how much it sold for on TV but i know for sure that it is not worth it. It is just a very big ripoff.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, one of my exes' mother swears by this product like religion. She had a car that would leak terribly every time it rained, and she used it to soak up the leak to keep the inside of the car dry. And, well, it did.

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I think I may break down and pick a few up just for kicks and so I can write a comprehensive review. I'll let you all know what I think.

5. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought a sham wow. . . but using a convicted felon as your spokesman kind of destroys the credibility of anything the company has to say in the advertisement.

6. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of the Shamwow! The commercial cracks me up. I wonder if it really does absorb moisture as well as they say it does.

7. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe they should call it, 'SCAM NOW'. That would seem to be the more appropriate name for this product as well as any other 'As Seen On TV' products. By the way, I absolutely love your avatar. I am a huge B & B fan.

8. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have used Shamwow and It never really picked up anything that was wet. I think the Shamwow was worthless.

9. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    Yeah, he was the guy that punched some prostitute in the face or something right? I remember laughing about that one. :)

I found Shamwow to work pretty well myself. There are other alternatives that work just as good though in stores.

10. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I would recommend this product to everyone. It really works and isn't overly expensive. It picks up a lot of liquids without having to use hundreds of paper towels to clean up a mess.

11. courtney1985

courtney1985New Member

Threads:
    Rinsing the ShamWow with water first is the key to its success.

The towels are machine washable and I have run them through a load with good results. However it is noted that the ShamWow should never, ever go into the dryer. I am an ardent rule follower so I have not thrown it in the dryer. I don’t plan on learning what happens if it goes through the dryer. Dry it at your own risk.

I did attempt to dry my hair with a ShamWow. There was no noticeable difference; it worked just like a standard bath towel does. My hair was still wet and I still had to blow it dry. It is good for drying a bathing suit. Throw the suit on top of the larger yellow towel, roll it in a log and then squeeze out the excess water from the ShamWow.

It also dries the shower walls. It’s good for washing windows and walls. It also works well on spills; we seem to spill alot of lemonade in this house. However, unlike Vince, when I wipe up the spill — with the towel dry or wet — my floor is not dry when I finish. Yes, it picks up the lemonade or the chocolate milk, but the floor has to air dry when I’m finished.

If you’re into keeping your car immaculate minus water stains, it will dry off the excess drips and provide a shiny exterior.