ShamWOWs!

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Dude • Apr 3, 2012.

1. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    Has anyone purchased ShamWOWs from the infomercial? I've been seeing them at Target, and I've recently been wanting to grab a box to see if they work like they should...the infomercial (as with all of them) makes it look too good to be true. :p

Before I go and drop some money on these, has anyone bought them? Are they really all that great, or just a towel? I know they can't possibly be as good as they're hyped up to be, but it's worth a shot!

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually really like them. There are plenty of offbrand style ones that work just as well now, though, so don't feel like you have to spend more money on ShamWow itself. It's the style of shammy they are and the others work nicely, too. :)

3. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I purchased some of both the name brand ones and the knock off versions. They worked really well at first when still really new. I found the longer I used them, the less they absorbed though. I don't know if it was perhaps the fact that I washed them in the washer but they just didn't seem as sturdy after about 5-6 uses. Some of the no name ones I bought even has a few places where there are holes coming through. They still work alright, I prefer them to a regular dishcloth, but I don't find them as absorbent as they first were.

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I've thought about it, but the guy on the commercial creeps me out too much! Ha! My friend was selling a similar product, so I end up going with hers (even though they cost more) and loved them. They're also green/earth-friendly, etc.

5. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure the guy from the commercials is in prison now. Anyway I bought a similar product to the ShamWOW as well but now the actual brand. I saw a guy at a shopping-mall doing a demonstration of an off-brand version of the ShamWOW and I picked it up. So far it has worked really well for me and I have even considered buying a second one just to have!

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    No fooling? the SHAM wow guy's in jail? What did he do? I would make a joke but I'd rather not get banned or in trouble.

7. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    The products have become a massive hit.

They are quite good and they work well. It's one of those rare advertised products that end up working out.

I have tried them out and they appeared to work out just as stated. Not sure how they are in terms of prolonged use, but in that one try, it was an excellent product. I think it's worth a shot in terms of purchasing them.

8. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, the ShamWOW guy is in prison for beating up a prostitute. It's pretty wacky!

One of those strange but true stories that you hear about sometimes that make you go :confused:

I've always wanted to try the ShamWOW for drying dishes. It seems like it would be really good at that. I'll have to look for a knock off version when I have a little extra cash to drop. Maybe 5 years from now!