Share your favorite affordable Holiday Dessert Recipes

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Dec 4, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make certain types of desserts for certain holidays. One of my good old standby recipes would be easy cheesecake. Grab a pre-made graham cracker crust, soften a pack of cream cheese, add 1/2 cup sugar, and mix well. Next, mix in a regular size container of Cool Whip or similar topping and a couple of teaspoons of vanilla. Pour into crust and chill for a couple hours. Add fruit on top if desired.

I only make this during the holidays and sometimes decorate it to match the occasion instead of using fruit. Share your favorites!

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Festive chocolate: Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spread onto wax paper in a thin sheet. When still soft, cut into shapes with a tiny cookie cutter. Serve in a candy dish for something a little more unique than chocolate kisses.

Save the scrap to eat later as ice cream toppings for yourself, I don't recommend re-melting.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for that, Dancinglady. What a cool idea. It sounds easy enough to do, and it would look great too. White chocolate would be perfect for this! These little goodies would make a nice addition to a box or tin of homemade baked goods as well. If I give out baked goods, I usually like to mix in some candy or another type of cookie, instead of just boxing up all one thing. This is one for my list, for sure!