Shipping Fee Is Higher Than The Item Itself.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Jasmin Cottontail • Dec 11, 2016.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather not buy that item online and its shipping fee is greater than its price. It would be a waste of money. I won't dare to get it even if it is the only product or item sold and there is nothing to find it. I would rather sacrifice losing it. Well, for the sake of discussion, not all items sold in the Internet or online has exceed or more than the price or cost of its shipping payment. The fee is just a fraction of its price. In fact, there are goods sold online with free shipping fee as long as it is within your country even then.

2. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_DoritoNew Member

Threads:
    I once had to buy a guitar wire connector, i looked for it online. I found a really cheap one and went to checkout.
    The Shipping charges were 6x times the price of the connector.
    I needed it urgently as i was performing in an upcoming concert. So, i bought it.

I wouldn't have bought it at that shipping charge under any other circumstances.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I try to look for some kind of free shipping or very little shipping online,and if you look long enough,it seems like you can find a deal like this. The two sites I buy from are either,Walmart.com or Amazon,and I have been finding,free shipping lately on both.

I found a small computer for under 50 dollars,online at walmart and usually you have to spend 50 dollars online for free shipping,and it was free shipping for a 45 dollar item. I would keep looking for what you want on these two sites,and it seems like, you will actually find it.

I buy used books on amazon also and almost always,its more than the book price,and the standard shipping price is $3.99 , but its a good deal for these heavy books.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If you really need the item and you're certain that it's not available in local stores, then you just have to grin and bear it. If it's for a business, then the shipping fee becomes part of the cost of the item you purchased. The shipping fee then becomes a consideration in your purchase decision. If the item is available locally at a slightly higher price, I think I'll just opt to buy locally than take the risks of buying it online from unknown suppliers. Fortunately, I've never encountered that situation. One time, I had to purchase a mini sewing machine online for $10. Delivery fee was $2. The item still came out cheaper than what I would have spent if I had to search remote malls and bargain centers for the item as the bigger malls don't have them.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I had wanted to buy something but the cost of shipping was more than the item itself. I did not buy the item. I don’t think that it is worth to buy something for which you have to pay shipping fees higher than the cost of the item. I usually try to buy items whose shipping cost is not too high. Normal charges are okay.