Shipping From China

Discussion in Online Shopping started by forest_kitten • May 17, 2016.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @barginrocks@barginrocks Aww thanks so much for your help, it's very kind. I'll be sure to give it a try and see what I can find. Some people have very good Chinese suppliers for hair and clothes, but will just NOT share, no matter how much you beg! They feel that they've done all the legwork, and so everybody else should do the same. Which I think is so sad, really. Again, thanks for your help :)

#21Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  2. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala That's alright, Lushlala. Taobao does have fake and low quality products even until now, but I've witnessed the improvement since 2003, it's a lot better now and it will be better and better along with the complement of the Chinese e-comerence law.

There are lots of skills for foreigners shopping on Taobao, if you need to find some good clothes and hair accessories on Taobao, please send me an email to [email protected] with your requirements such as price, style etc. in details, I will select some for you as a reference.

@Krnasmommy@Krnasmommy There are some advices for you to shop clothes from China.

1. Don't just look the at photos on Taobao shop, lots of them being PS processed;
    2. Once you found the right clothes, drag the photo on Taobao search bar for photo search, you can find all the stores that offer the same clothes;
    3. Check the description in details with the size, color as well as each corner of the clothes (not all shop will provide those details but the one could provide those details are more convincable);
    4. Select a reliable taobao agent, usually they will check the quality and take photos for you before shipping, if you are not satisfy with the quality, you can ask them to return for you and ask for a refund to save your money.
    5. Buy multiple things on Taobao together with your family or friends to save the shipping fee. The shipping fee could more than the product itself if you only buy one thing from China, you can ask your friends to shop together to share the shipping fee.

#22Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Particularly, I never bought anything from China, but several of my friends have already bought it. Although they are satisfied with the products, they have a complaint that is unanimous among them: the delay for the products to arrive (some of my friends had even forgotten that they had bought something :p).

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Usually what I have ordered online from Lazada is made of China. I just course the purchase from the said store based here in our country. I haven't tried directly ordering from the China. That is correct when you said the price of China product is lower compared to that of its competitor.

The price indeed is affordable but there are times that the China products are inferior. They couldn't last for long after their use.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently started to shop at China shopping websites, mainly Taobao. Yes, I think the shipment takes quite long, about a month, but I am fine with it as I don't need the products urgently.

Besides Taobao, I recently found another China shopping website, AliExpress. I think they belong to the same mother company, but the products in AliExpress look more promising, though more pricey as well, and they are written in English.

I think there are too many merchants out there, some might produce quality products, but some might not. The latest shop I bought yarns from is having good customer service and the yarns are good quality as well. I always try to read the reviews and rating before I purchase the products, though the reviews and rating can be fake too.

6. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    A lot of the sellers on eBay are almost like middlemen. I'm not sure what you can it exactly but what they do is give the orders to the suppliers once an item has been sold. This way the only thing that the seller has to do is list the item, advertise it and they then get the profit for the item. The suppliers handle the shipping for the seller which makes their job a lot easier (for the seller).

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have great faith in Aliexpress, China. Most of my party things for kids for Christmas I have got from there. It does take time but they deliver. They are polite and helpful too. I have recently ordered for some velvet pants for me and hoping I will get them as per my order.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter It's good to hear this that you've relied much with this supplier from China. So far you've no problem or complain except the period or time of the delivery. Is that so?

#28Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, shipping from China takes from 3 weeks to about a month or more before it arrives here in my country. The soonest time that I received an item from China is two weeks. I also buy little items from China and I prefer to buy there, since buying from the US or other countries will cost me more in shipping fees.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it definitely takes a long time but fortunately with the new technology you can easily trace your items being shipped for security.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered many times in the last few years specially gifts and Xmas decorations for the party I throw for the less privileged. Since the quantity is in bulk I get them very cheap. This time I have ordered for velvet pants which I could not find with amazon in my regular shopping site.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I see. You're a regular customer then. Since Christmas seasons are nearing, would you play Santa again by buying presents to the less privileged members of the society? It's more blessed to give than to receive. I think you're aware that.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Zero@Zero, You mean a tracking number? That isn't really new, lol it has been around for quite some time now. But yes, sometimes sellers ship your item with a tracking number if it's quite expensive, but not all the time though. I bought a cheap item like only $1, and I also received a tracking number for it.

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This time I am planning on throwing a party for senior citizens who are housed in an old age home close by. By shopping will have to be slightly different and yes, I will order from them. I like this activity very much.

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have done online shopping with Ali Express and have been quite happy. The latest that I ordered was leggings. I have issues with them with sizes and I am in touch with them. They are offering some comp-ensation without my having to return the items.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have done a bit of review concerning the shipping arrangement for goods that may be sourced from China. The problem is that the goods may take an unusually long period of time, usually a month or more, to arrive. I hope there may be some sort improvement in to this situation in the near future. Maybe the wise thing to do when ordering goods from China is to order well in advance of the time that you may need the goods to arrive. This way you may be able to avoid undue disappointment.

17. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Sometimes it's actually really slow. Once, it took 4 months for my fidget spinner to arrive, (don't worry, I don't use fidget spinners, anymore...). It's simply not reliable and it can easily get lost in the mail.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something amazing and it will be really helpful for having such a good time.