Shocked at what is being sold online??

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Apr 18, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    As you know, selling items online is about making an honest buck. Well....most of the times anyways. Or sometimes. But sometimes, you come across some items being sold online on places like E-bay or Amazon that make you do a double-take because you're shocked that not only does the seller expect to make a profit from such a sale. But also that the sites rules and regs are allowing the sale to take place! So what have you guys spotted online for sale as far as items are concerned, that made your eyes pop out of your head? The only item I can recall being shocked at being sold, were a pair of used dentures on e-bay. I am not sure if anyone ever bought those lol.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh, that is absolutely disgusting!!!! :( I haven't seen anything like that. But it does always make me chuckle a little when I see that people are posting things that I see in regular dollar stores for 3-5x the price. I collect fat chefs for my kitchen, for instance, and was looking at what was available on eBay. The hand towels that I paid $1 a pop for at Dollar Tree were selling for $9.99 a pair!? Then, a little fat chef utensil holder that I paid $6 for at Family Dollar was selling for $36.99. WHOA.

3. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I haven't seen anything gross or that made me take a double look on ebay, but I guess that is because I haven't been on there as much. I just now started ordering frequently on ebay recently. I have to say I do see some things that are overpriced, but I just look over it! I wanted to do my kitchen in Fat Chef's but I chose Roosters! They have Rooster stuff at the Dollar Tree too!

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    If you want to be seriously creeped out, you need to check this Cracked article:

I must warn you, though, you may not sleep for a couple nights after reading the above.

5. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    Yeah I see alot of dollar tree goods everywhere, and they are selling, but at 10x the price. I think I had better go and take a look at what is being sold because I am awfully interested in what you guys are finding these days on there.

6. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Ew! No! Used dentures? Oh lordy! Were there any bids on them?!? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I suppose with the whole 'online selling' thing - if people are prepared to pay the price that the seller is charging then that's their lookout. It's up to customers to do their own research before making a purchase.What springs to my mind is the phrase, CAVEAT EMPTOR. Buyer beware.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember someone selling some finger nails on Ebay that they claimed came from WWE star The Rock. I have also seen people sell joke things on Ebay like air guitars and unwanted partners.

8. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Air guitar?? Oh wow. Yeah, as long as it does not get damaged in the shipping.
    Gotta say the motorcycle helmet in pink with the tail is inventive.

Ryder13

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I seriously hope someone wasn't just as sick to buy those... the worst part is how descriptive he is about where he got them. Creepy as hell.

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:

You can even buy a sexual Djinn to have sex with, and you can pass it down your family! Imagine how wonderful a gift like that would be for your grandkids!

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you never know... there might have been somebody perusing ebay that day thinking "you know what I really need? Some used dentures. I wonder if anybody is selling that here? Oh, what is this? Do my bright eyes deceive me or is this exactly the thing I was looking for?"

Anything can be sold if somebody is willing to buy.

12. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    This isn't really as "eye-popping" as the ones you've mentioned, but I've seen actor autographs being sold on eBay for a hefty buck, around $100-$500 usually. First off, how sure are they that those autographs really were given by the actors? Also, I think it's wrong to sell something at that price for something the actors gave for free to their loving fans.

13. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I've never got the whole autograph thing. What's the point? Feeding some celebrity ego is a definite no-no in my book. The only time I ever did this was when I bumped into Mario Testino the photographer in London at one of his exhibitions. My partner got my programme signed and I've cherished it ever since. But I consider Testino to be incredibly talented. Wish the same could be said for some of these so called A-listers that folk worship these days!

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

That's beyond sick but I do remember E-bay making an appearance on a paranormal show called Paranormal Witness. Someone bought the infamous Dibbuk Box on ebay. Soon after, scary events would keep happening in their home. So they'd put it on e-bay for sale and some other sucker would buy it. Then, they'd be plagued with evil juju.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

The only way I could see someone buying an actor autograph is if the picture of the person getting the autograph is present at the auction. Then it's solid proof. Otherwise, they're just blowing smoke.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The hell? I don't even want to think what kind of wishes a sexual Djinn can grant!

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen some ads for used socks and undies and haunted stuff like haunted rings and "wish granting" rings on Ebay. I really don't know if the haunted stuff is real though, but because some sellers have lots of positive feedback, so who knows, it might be real after all.

#17May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a problem with it so long as they are honest about the condition of the item. Some people can only afford really cheap second-hand items and every penny counts for some people in these tough economic times. I have seen some shocking clothes with stains and holes etc.

19. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Well, some people are just interested in those kinds of things.
    They are just creepy like that.

20. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I think anything used that is sold online you have to kind of be beware of. I mean people have these items for a period of time and who really knows what has been on it or in it. For example like people sell dressers. How do I know what was put in there prior to purchase. People have hygiene problem. If I buy anything online I would have to soak it in hot soap and water.