Shocked at what is being sold online??

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Apr 18, 2013.

1. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I have absolutely no idea what that is, and it sounds pretty out there. But somebody bought it for $1000!!!

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ew that's nasty who would even consider buying used dentures lol that's crazy. Anyhow I haven't seen anything really except once I saw used underwear to "spice up" your sex sex life I was like woah why would someone buy used underwear for the bedroom? It was a little disturbing lol

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    A djinn is a genie. Americans call it a genie but the middle eastern name for a genie is a djinn. They are dark fairytale/mythology characters. Not the nice, comedic, and friendly characters Disney's Aladdin made them out to be. Furthermore, whomever made that purchase is someone I wouldn't wanna meet in a dark alley. Or meet at all for that matter.

#23May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  4. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    Dentures on eBay? That is repulsive. Online merchandising is a very common way for people to sell belongings that they no longer want or need. Apparently, hygienic safety does not matter when it comes to online shopping. I personally am a fan of online shopping, as I commonly use eBay and Amazon, but I do not think I would buy dentures.

5. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I've been shocked when I saw things like certain medicines online. I can't believe that they're legal to sell since normally you need a prescription to get them and they can be quite dangerous.

Closer to the original post, I've seen things like opened packs of condoms (not used, thankfully), physically broken and non-repairable (also not good for parts) items for sale, clothes will holes in them and of course the infamous X-Box Box.

6. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    There are quite a lot of stupid items being sold online. I recall seeing a bottle of fresh air being sold. Apparently it was from some secluded beautiful mountain area. The main surprise for me was to see that people were actually bidding on it. I had to laugh, I mean what are they actually going to do with that air? It's really silly. I have also seen air guitars being sold on eBay, and people are both bidding and buying them which is just totally absurd to me.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    LOL. How do you get a refund on that item though? If you open it up and it doesn't smell like you expected it to? Can you return it? If you've opened the bottle, the air has been let out correct? No one is gonna refund you for an empty bottle. Also, how would you go about recapturing the air to return it? Remember, e-bays rules say an item must be returned intact for a full refund. Missing air is gonna screw up the deal.:p

8. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I've seen my fair share of ridiculous items on eBay. I constantly see empty bags of chips or wrappers of some candy on there. I saw a box of twinkies go for quite a large sum of money, and yeah I know they're not in production or whatever, but this was ridiculous compared to other prices the twinkies were going for. I saw an article about how someone sold their soul on eBay as well. People actually buy this stuff, which is the funniest part.

9. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Not sure what you'd do with a second soul. You can only have one. Maybe the person believes if they die, they can quickly insert the soul they bought into their body before they flatline?

10. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I'm now incredibly tempted to sell some air from a Korean mountain or something similar, just to see if people bid on it. Korea has been trending a bit somewhat recently because of the problems with North Korea, so it'd be more high profile.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    There's a whole market for people who are very....I guess sexually (o_O) interested in a lot of used things. Stumbled across that one unknowingly...very gross what some people are into.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is seriously disturbing. The human flesh jars were the worst items, I think. It's also bizarre that the lady who sells boxes of animal bones had a photo of a puppy in the listing.
    I hope Etsy cracks down and shuts some of the suspicious stores down, like the human flesh one.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, people have all kinds of weird sexual fetishes. I've seen chewed gum on eBay with a detailed description of the blonde female that chewed it because some men have a fetish for objects that were in a woman's mouth.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I was reading online someone sold a Hitler T Kettle for $200 (

). And someone was selling their spot in heaven and the bidding went very high for that one (

). Then E-bay pulled the listing because obviously no one can guarantee a spot in heaven to anyone. It's not a deliverable good or anything. Silly E-bayers. I did find cool listing for a Simpsons fanny pack on e-bay though! (

) I never knew there even was a Simpsons fanny pack ever made! Problem is, according to the listing, the seller had it as a childhood item. Meaning it could never fit my waist lol!

15. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    I don't really have a problem with it so long as they are honest about the condition of the item.

16. Temitopesmith

TemitopesmithBanned

Threads:
    thats really a shocking this i will not go for online shopping now anytime in my life

17. Sheila89

Sheila89New Member

Threads:
    Are you still gonna buy it?

18. Temitopesmith

TemitopesmithBanned

Threads:
    It doesn't rings any bell; and sounds completely ridiculous...but it did sold out for $1000...

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, at least Nazi memorabilia is outlawed on eBay. I can only imagine how bad eBay would be if Nazi memorabilia, liquids and used undergarments were allowed.
    There's a long list of things that are banned on eBay. You would think that some of them, like explosives, would be common sense not to sell.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just shocked by the all the items that look like their two year old threw them together and now they expect to profit. Another thing that bothers me online is those with a few bucks to register a business, thinking it's all up from there and not knowing the first thing about business or how to run one. To each their own though.. but they make the rest of us look bad.