Shoe Repair Vs Brand New

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Alexandoy • May 12, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife and I had an argument about my shoes. I loved this present shoes of mine because it fits perfectly on my feet. With a worn out sole, it needs to be resoled. But it’s quite expensive so my wife said that I should buy a new pair instead. That got me thinking because the cost of repair is about 1/3 of the price of a brand new pair. However, I am not sure if I can get a pair that would fit my feet perfectly. But I guess public opinion is against the repair.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Some shoes are worth repairing especially if the bottom should go bad. The shoes may be of a very good quality and very pricey so if something should go wrong with it and it's still in good nick, I believe it would be wise to repair it which would be minimal compared to buying a new one in a similar category.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At least in this country, the problem is finding a place to repair shoes. This is kind of a throw away society, and finding shops that still do shoe repair are as rare as hen's teeth. I know alot of stores in the Washington D.C. metro area, and I only know of one that does shoe repair.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Everything will depend on the state of conservation of the product. If it's worth fixing, I try to repair... If it's not worth it anymore, I prefer to buy a new product (which is what happens most of the time).

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Some shoes will be worth repairing because of it's exceptional quality. It will be worth every penny spent. If the repairing cost is more than the price of the shoe then it is better to buy a new one.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I will only repair a broken shoe if it's an expensive brand like Versace or something. If it's just a generic affordable shoes with no brand I will just replace it with something newer and more durable.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If it's a shoe worth repairing I would go for the repair but if it costs almost the same to get a new pair then I would by the new pair especially if it's the same brand and quality. I know it fits you very well but you can look for a shoe that is the same and brake into them. I know a new shoe never fits as well as the old ones but it will soon mold to you feet if it's the right kind.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If the cost of repair is like $5 only then I will definitely just have it repaired, since the cost of a branded shoe is way more than that. I will only buy a new one if the whole shoe looks really worn out already or if the sole is so thin and it can't be replaced, since I remember my leather school shoes' soles were replaced by the shoeman way back during the 90's.

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who doesn't repair worn out shoes and when I went to
    his home, if had quite a number some discarded because of a broken
    sole. He have them to me and I took them to a cobbler making a tidy
    saving instead me buying brand new shoes.

10. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Well, I never even knew it but I googled shoe repair and I found a place about 5 miles from me. I don't know how much it costs, but shoes in Michigan are pretty cheap. I can't imagine what kind of shoe people repair when you can go to Walmart or Payless and buy a brand new pair of shoes for $19.99. So I guess the answer to your questions is, I buy new shoes and I don't repair the old ones.

11. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I repair a lot of shoes because shoe repair is very easy to come by around here. We call them "shoemakers" or "shoeshiners". They walk around all the time with their tools at hand. In you love your present shoes so much, fix them.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    It all depends on the price, if repair is cheaper than buying new shoes then I would try and go for it. Maybe if you are up for it you could simply see if you could sale your old shoes if you feel as though they have outlived their usefulness. Though, at the end of the day it is all up to you.

13. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Repairing the shoes must be a good idea if it can be repaired. I prefer both Buying new and repairing the shoes too.

What about