Shoes For 1 Year Old Baby

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Briannagodess • Jul 4, 2015.

1. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! My one year old son started walking already and it is really hard to find appropriate shoes for him. We have tried different kinds but almost all of them failed.

The first one we tried is the sandals type. He likes this and is used to walking in it the most. However, he still trips over when he uses this.

The second one we tried is the sock type that has rubber grips. He almost always falls down in this and I cannot let him play outside using this as he may fall face first.

He loves walking barefoot in The House as he can control his stance more through this. Any other shoes that we can try that may help?

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    Most advice I have gotten for baby shoes is to look for those with flexible soles, those that you can bend the toes toward the rest of the shoe pretty easily. He might still trip though since he is still learning how to walk, but it will be easier with the soft sole shoes than a rigid sole shoe. Maybe try to play in grassy areas for awhile until he gets a little more steady on his feet=)

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tennis shoe types of shoes are made for the little feet. My girls had hard sole shoes when they started walking, tennis shoes for kids was not available then. I would go to a store like stride right getting the feet growing correctly when they are young will avoid problems later in life.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips as I am a new mom! I actually bought another sandals for my son yesterday but he cries when we try to make him walk in it. So the tennis shoes will probably be the best idea for him!

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My granddaughter (a year old) started walking in a pair of tennis shoes. My DIL wanted to spend money on Striderites but I convinced her not to because of the rigid soles.

6. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I got a bunch of hand me down shoes from a friend for my baby boy. He likes sandles more than tennis shoes. But he'll still wear them. If he is having a trouble with it, maybe just keep him in socks to walk around until he gets used to them. Try again later. Try not to force them on him all the time, but just every once in a while try them out.