Shop Alone vs Shopping with a Friend

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Parker • Dec 29, 2013.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was windowing shopping with a friend. I spotted some great sales, but I will be returning alone. I like to window shop with my girlfriends, but I like to do my real shopping alone. I like to take my time shopping so I do it alone.

So, do you like to shop alone or with friends?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer to shop alone. I'm afraid of people giving out opinions that will affect my initial decision to buy something. Sometimes friends tend to comment and criticize the stuff that I choose so I don't buy anything when I'm with them.

3. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I prefer shopping with my best friend when it comes to apparel because I have a really bad taste and she always helps me choose what is best for me.

4. brookie

brookieNew Member

Threads:
    I think if I'm shopping online, I like to make my decisions on my own. But, if it's going to a retail store, then I prefer o go with a friend. For that moral support. And you can try on stuff and get an honest opinion.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    It depends.

If I am going on a shopping spree, I prefer to be with a friend. We usually hit a lot of different shops and then eat lunch.

If I am trying to just get in and out of a place, I prefer to be alone. In this case, I don't want someone else around that's going to slow me down.

shopping-spree.

6. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone when I am really in the shopping mood. I tend to get distracted when my friends come along and think of that as more of an outing than a shopping trip. I find when I shop by myself I pay more attention to the items and sales then when with friends it is more playful.

7. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    I only like to shop with a friend unless im feeling stressed and want to shop by my self.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer shopping alone. I noticed that having a companion is more fun, but it also slows me down, especially when they ask you to accompany them to the other shops that they want to go.

9. jessicak2

jessicak2Banned

Threads:
    Mostly I prefer shopping with my friends.

10. normanallison

normanallisonNew Member

Threads:
    Well i like to window shopping with friends, but if purchasing i like to be alone then i wont blame no one if i purchase some crap merchandise.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone. Cause when i'm alone I can take my time and enjoy myself instead of rushing. It seems like every time I go shopping with someone I am being rushed so when feeling rushed I am not able to enjoy myself. I don't do a lot of shopping but when I do I rather do it alone.

12. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that shopping alone is convenient but shopping with friend is exciting, I love to shop with my friends but sometimes we are in the stores a little longer than expected, the key to this always go in your own vehicle. This way you can leave when every you like. Now when I go with my mom or grandmother I like to just go alone, laughing becasue they be ready to leave as soon as we get to the store.

13. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer shopping alone. I do occasionally shop with a friend although this is often out of chance rather than by plan. I like to be left alone to make my own decisions in the area. I mean sometimes you can split an offer but I would rather shop alone anyhow.

14. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    The only people I'll go clothes shopping with is my mom actually. It just seems awkward when shopping with friends because I like to have my own style and they will oftentimes make "suggestions" and I don't want to be rude but it's just not my style usually. If not with my mom, then I'll just shop alone. I love to take my time some days and then other days I may have something specific in mind and won't want to have too many distractions. Maybe someday I will find a friend that is the perfect shopping buddy but for now I just don't have that special someone just yet.

15. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    For the most part, I do not shop with friends. However, I don't like shopping alone either. For me, my favorite shopping companion is my eleven year old daughter. We share a lot of the same interests.

Occasionally though we will let my best friend in on the action.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My teenage daughter is my best friend and I like to shop with her because we joke around and look at everything and she keeps me company. I find shopping kind of boring without my daughter around to chat with. Standing in line goes by quicker when you have someone to talk to.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go shopping with friends. I like to send as much or as little time as I want looking at whatever I want and not have to leave my shopping because someone else is ready to go. By the same token I don't want to be kept at it longer than necessary because someone else is still looking. I suppose it's okay if you're just going to one place to pick out a dress and taking someone along for an opinion, but I generally shop alone.

18. salinawilliam18

salinawilliam18New Member

Threads:
    Generally I like to shop with my friends

19. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I do the majority of my shopping online, so I do most of my shopping alone anyway, which I prefer. The times when I do go shopping in the real world, my boyfriend goes with me. He like seeing me in certain things, so sometimes he helps me pick out my clothes.

20. bigboss25

bigboss25New Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I liked the idea of always having someone with me when I went shopping, but now I prefer to shop alone.

If you always shop with your friends, then one day you shop alone and buy something that really looks good, it will be more of a surprise to your friends because they were not there with you when you bought it.

It is also good to shop by yourself because it gives you a feeling of independence knowing that you can do things by yourself sometimes.

It is a good idea to always bring a friend with you when you are buying something real expensive though.

You wouldn't want to be by yourself in a circumstance like that.