Shop Alone vs Shopping with a Friend

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Parker • Dec 29, 2013.

1. MommyDonna

MommyDonnaNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop by myself. Mainly because I don't really like to take forever to shop. I usually know exactly what I want and am able to get it pretty quickly, even when I have to try stuff on. Actually, when I was still in school I went to about 10 different stores in the mall and tried on dresses at a couple. I was still done shopping in an hour and a half and found the perfect dress! I'm just not much for meandering in a store.

2. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    This is a great thread, because it is something I was just thinking about because of how much I hate shopping with friends. I think it is much easier shopping by your self. I mean when you are shopping by yourself, there are certain things you will never have to worry about. Things such as opinions, when they shouldn't matter because you won't be wearing it and I will. I also just enjoy the peace and quiet lol.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like both and it usually just depends on my mood. If I'm a lot more focused on what I'd like to buy or find, then I usually go it alone since I would prefer to just move quickly and purchase whatever it is I want to buy. However, there are also days when I'm feeling a bit more in a leisurely mood and I would just like to stroll around and buy one or two things that I might come across that interests me, and in these times it's always much better to have a friend around to give a second opinion and also just because it's nice to have some company while doing so.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I enjoy or despise it both ways for different reasons. I'm not a huge shopping fan in general, to be honest. If I go with friends, then I may have fun, but I'm unlikely to buy much. The benefit is that they often talk me into trying on things that I never would've considered and I've found some great new outfits this way. The downside is, when I hate the outfits they're suggesting, I have to go through the motions and then tell them why I still hate it, even after trying it on, haha.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to shop by myself, or with a family member (my mom or one of my cousins or aunts). As I'm a little overweight, I feel really self conscious if I'm shopping with a friend to show them my clothing sizes. It's not something I like to divulge!! Also, shopping by yourself is more effective, and I find that I get more focused on what I need and spend less!

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    As a man I prefer to shop alone, then I can shop at my own pace. But saying that I don't have ANY male friends who would want to come shopping with me and would probably avoid me if I started asking! I don't invite female friends because they takes ages looking in every single shop we pass.

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I shop alone. I learned the hard way that people can be very indecisive about their shopping choices. When i shop i know exactly what i want, and that allows me to get in, and out of the store quickly. I do not want to be stuck in a store for hours with someone who doesn't know what they want.

8. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop alone too. Shopping is something I don't love, so I go with a goal, directly towards what I need and I buy it. If we are talking about women that is a whole different thing because for women shopping is a social event, they love to go with their friends.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I shop alone for the most part. But I'd want to shop with a friend. It's always fun with someone.

10. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike shopping with friends. I prefer to do my shopping alone. Having someone there only seems to slow me down. I like being able to get in, get what I want, and get out.

11. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    It depends, if I'm shopping at the mall to hang out with my friends well obviously I would prefer shopping with my friends. But if I'm going to the convenience store or something I'd prefer to shop alone because why would I hang out with a friend at the convenience store. Sounds pretty weird to me.

12. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    If i buying just a few i shop alone but when is much i shop with a friend.