Shopkicks And Pet Food Discounts

Discussion in Pets started by acheno84 • Jun 5, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    Do any of you guys use Shopkicks? It's not too often, but sometimes you can see discounted pet food prices listed at select stores. It helps save a few bucks.

I noticed that for a while, the Purina Cat Chow actually had coupons in the bag. Also, more and more companies are doing perks for purchasing their brand. if you sign up for Purina Pet Perks and log the item numbers on the bag that you purchased, you can earn points for cool pet products.

For those who have a Publix grocery store around, usually the pet food can be BOGO which is great.

Lastly, I have purchased pet medication from Amazon. If you use reward apps like Shopkicks, you can cash in points for Amazon gift cards which you can apply to your pet med purchase. Just a few tips that have helped me save money.

Have you guys tried any of these?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't, but I will look into it now. It seems pet food is very expensive these days. I've switched from cheaper food to one that's somewhat more expensive. I've tried many along the way, and have seen various changes in my cats as they've ingested the various types and flavors of food, so I know that I don't want to go back to giving them the really cheap stuff unless I have no option. If I have to do that, I will mix in some of the better food with the less desirable food, but this could be a way to prevent myself from having to do that. Also, cat litter can vary a lot in price by store, so I try to mainly purchase it at Walmart, which seems to have the best prices. Sometimes Target will have specials where you can save a good amount of money by purchasing a particular brand of food/litter, and they'll also throw in a Target gift card.