Shopping At Different Supermarkets

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sunnyside • Apr 17, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Are you loyal to any particular supermarket because you are accustomed to shopping there over the years, or because of its proximity to your home, or do you shop at different supermarkets to get the best deals?

There is one supermarket that I tend to shop at more than any other, not only because of its close proximity to my home, but because of the fact that most of the grocery items I need can be found there. However, there is another supermarket nearby where I can get certain items at a cheaper price than at the one where I regularly shop. I have also visited 1 or 2 other supermarkets where the deals are even better than the 2 supermarkets that are close to my home. However, because of convenience, I shop at the nearby supermarkets, switching from one to the other depending on the price of specific items.

Do you shop at different supermarkets from time to time?

2. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at a variety of places. For example, one store always has ripe avocados, so I get them there. There's a 24 hour grocer next to that that has better prices of stuff I make burritos with, so I go there for that. I have a rhythm going.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I get the circulars for two markets near me and circle all of the sales that way I know what I want from each store and make a list for each. I will go on a Tuesday to one store and Thursday to the next. Then I check the clearance section at both stores. I end up saving a lot of money that way.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I normally shop at one supermarket that is close to my house, but often I go to one that is about half an hour away because they have some fantastic deals. I also will sometimes shop at a local market which is an IGA type store. They always have a clearance basket in the front where the items are 50 percent off. They also have good prices on avocados, and some store specials that beat the bigger retailers. Also, when I am in the area, I will go to ALdi's, Walmart, Krogers or Trader Joe's.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am loyal to a supermarket for the orientation. I experience difficulty shopping if I don't fully know the geography. It is a good formula to get tired in roaming around. But when I learn of a sale in one supermarket that I don't usually go to, I make it sure that I have more time to spare because aside from the roaming, the line to the cashiers are surely long.

My favorite supermarket is the SM Hypermart. They have the same arrangement of wares in any branch so I don't lose my way whether I shop in a Hypermart in our town or in any other city.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am not loyal to any specific entity there numerous supermarkets in and around the area where I live and I have been to almost all of them at some time or the other. It's mostly by convenience because of the location where I am coming from at the time I need to shop. There aren't many differences in prices at these entities because it's the promoters from the various companies who establish the prices of the goods at these supermarkets nowadays so the differences would be the quality of service that is offered more than prices.

7. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, my country is actually living a hard situation where you could not do that anymore, food is so hard to find and quite expensive and you gotta buy whatever things you're able to find, to be honest it is a shitty situation, you can read more about Venezuela's situation and you will find out why I am saying all this.

8. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with this statement. Although I would shop at certain places occasionally because the prices may be better, I tend to lose my way in the aisles looking for certain items and not finding them. I agree that this type of shopping is time consuming, if not a bit frustrating at times. Shopping at a familiar store is much easier as we can pick up what we want a lot quicker without having to roam from aisle to aisle appearing as though we have lost our way.

9. DanielleDavidson

DanielleDavidsonNew Member

Threads:
    I have thought about doing this because I honestly feel like all these supermarkets have different deals on the foods that I want. And I think that it would be smart to hit up all the supermarkets in my area. I mean you really can't go wrong if there is a good deal. I know that pretty much every month I say that I will do this, but I think that it's time I start checking out other stores, maybe become a member of them so that I can save money!

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although Walmart is my favorite supermarket, I also shop at Publix for their BOGO deals and Dollar Tree for specific things like hot dog buns. I noticed that even generic hot dog buns and hamburger buns aren't $1 anymore at Walmart, so I buy them at Dollar Tree. No one store has all of the best prices. It takes two or three stores to get the best deals overall.

11. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always shop around because here certain supermarkets have much cheaper fresh food while others have much cheaper canned produce. I use a mixture of the two, although less fresh food in the summer as I grow it myself, so I tend to shop around to take advantage of the cheaper food in each supermarket. I also compare prices in supermarkets online before I go so I try to maximise what I can get by shopping at different places.

12. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just shop at one store but now that money is tight, I have been branching out to other stores to find the best deals. I have to use all the ways I can to save money on groceries. The last time I went grocery shopping, I went to Aldi's and found they had some good deals on fresh produce and meats. I will probably go there more often now.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always shop for prices when it comes to supermarkets locally have ads every week, so it's terrific! Safeway, Don Quiote, Times and Marukai are our main supermarkets that have weekly sales, so it saves money. We subscribe to Midweek to get the supermarket ads. Then there is the CVS and Walgreens Sunday ads that we save a lot when I shop at those stores too.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop at two stores, mostly Alidi's and Shoppers Food Warehouse. The larger stores are more expensive but there are times I have to go to the larger stores to get what I want. There are larger Walmart food centers that I will visit when I am near one.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    When I think back on it the only time I have store loyalty is for mom and pop shops like my local liquor store or my local hairdresser. I think it really matters to small business owners when you have loyal customers. That is their bread and butter.

16. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I shop at many different grocery stores. I go where the deals are. Every Thursday I look at the weekly flyers and plan my meals based on what's on sale. I'll drive to 3-4 different stores each week, they are all close to each other so it's not a matter of saving gas. Although if one of the 4 stores I go to would price match I would be inclined to only shop there. Only Walmart where I live will price match and lineups and bad parking at Walmart, make me shop elsewhere.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do, just because I just shop wherever I am nearest but at the same time I also do it this way because I like to experiment and compare and this way I can get to see which items are cheaper or more expensive in certain stores. From doing this I can usually do enough mental notes to know where I should buy specific items. Not that I would pass up buying a certain item just because I can get it cheaper elsewhere all the time, but if I have the chance to wait longer to buy it then I'll choose to wait until I am at another store so I can save even just a few cents because those tend to add up especially for regularly purchased goods.