Shopping at the mall or online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    I do not like going to the mall simply because their are so many people their buying the same clothes. I do not want to look like everyone else. I dont know about you but it kills me when im out in public and I see someone wearing the same thing I have on. I will throw it away. I think when you shop oinline you are less likley to buy something someone else already has. It might be more expensive but if you think about it what you will pay for shipping you would pay in gas on your trip to the mall and back. What do you think?

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of an online shopper.

I need to feel the fabric and material of any clothing that I buy. I'm a picky shopper. I need to be able to fit the piece of clothing before letting any money out of my wallet. Sometimes when I buy things online, I receive it and I realize that it's not as good as I expected. That's why I prefer buying things on hand rather than online.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen someone wear the same thing as me, and it certainly wouldn't make me throw it away. If I like something, I like something. I don't care where it comes from, to be honest. I do prefer to shop in person just because I like being able to make sure the clothes fit and are of an okay quality. When you shop online, it's like a gamble.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what am buying and the urgency of the product. If it is something that am willing to wait for a while before it is shipped, them I will buy online. But if it is something that I need it on the same day then I will consider going to the mall because of convenience. I also never like to buy my clothes online that is why I prefer to buy them at the mall so that I get the perfect choice.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have difficulties with buying clothes online. They rarely fit properly and often the materials are not of the high quality that the seller promised. So I find myself wasting money and time, sending these items back. Instead I go out of my way to find small, independent shops that sell original clothes. I tend to buy some expensive handmade garments and unusual clothes that I find at opportunity stores. I am like you, malls make me feel claustrophobic, and apart from that, I don't like those corporate clothes shops anyway. There is nothing that I want from them.

6. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Well, I give my first priority to the material and its quality so I can't just blindly buy a dress for a higher price with out seeing and examining it. For this reason I stay far from online shopping. Coming to your point I'd seen many similar dresses that were bought online. The point of having a match with the other dress purely depends on its design and color and there is no link with the online and offline.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my clothes more and more from online shops. Why? Because of the greater diversity and because they are cheaper. If the clothing manufacturer doesn't have to pay for space in a store the price of selling will drop. Next, I agree with you when you say that by shopping in stores you're more likely to buy the same clothes as other people. My only issue with buying online is that sometimes sizes may vary and I end up with clothes that don't fit me well. But this is something I'm willing to put up with considering all the money I save.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    There are good and bad points about each of them. I hate going to places with lots of other people around bumping into me so I would rather stay at home and buy things online. Buying things online means that I'll great a better price, but then again buying online means I won't get to see the item until it arrives in the post and then it is much more of a hassle to send it back if I don't like it.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can relate to what you said about stumbling upon someone that has the same clothes as you, it's both annoying and embarrassing at the same time, right? Lol. But since I'm quite near to many malls, I just shop in real stores for clothes, because it's a must to fit the clothes 1st before buying them to avoid buying ill fitting clothes.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online, because first, there are no lines, you don't have to wait. Second, the prices are cheaper compared to those in the malls. Third, you're foot won't hurt. Fourth, you can spend 3 hours looking around and nobody will ever nag you. And the last is, you don't have to deal with annoying people with equally annoying children.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the mood or what is needed. A few years ago, I was on the website of a popular discount store. I'd never bought clothes at their brick and mortar stores in 25+ years of shopping there. Yet, the site had a last-chance clearance section with great buys.

The truth:these items are just okay. The grey capri pants were great for workouts or just running around and lasted a long time. A dress, which was made of thin jersey material, has helped me when I didn't feel like dressing up.

12. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I honestly hate going to the mall at times. It's such a hassle, especially trying to did a parking spot on the weekends. I do a lot of my shopping online. The mall near my home doesn't have many clothing stores that fits my style. Therefore, ordering online is less of a hassle.

13. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I have seeing someone with the same outfit that I have so I avoid going to the mall as much as possible. Plus shopping online allows to get better deals. You will have to wait a while to actually get your products but its definitely worth it. I rarely go to the mall, unless I need something immediately for an event or if I need some retail therapy.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy my clothes in a local store. I don't do much online clothes shopping. I like to try my clothes on. I'm also very picky about the way my clothes should fit me. I have an hour glass shape and most clothes aren't designed for my shape. I am starting to do more online shopping because I just can't find certain items locally.

15. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do more shopping online because I am a bit shy when sales assistant approaches me, offers and asks me for their help and what I like which I find pretty annoying. So, I just go for online shopping which is I find more convenient. Moreover, I am able to save more time shopping online.

16. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I know the idea of shopping online is convenient. You don't even have to get off your chair and you can make a purchase.

I just like the idea of being able to try out the clothes before making the purchase. I want to get something that fits and looks right. It might appear wonderful on a model, but does it look great on me?

I don't want to waste money on something that has been bought online and just does not fit or look as nice as I had expected it to be.

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on WHAT I buy I chose the mall or online shopping. If its clothing, then I prefer to go to the mall, simply because I can try on the clothing and see if it fits or if it looks good on me. Sometimes you have those clothes that look really nice online but completely different on you. I normally just shop for DVDs and electronics online (from trustworthy stores) because you can find them so much cheaper! :D

18. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the need what suits you and what are your needs at the moment,Currently you need to be good at your ways like if you mind something that is available only Online then that is fine but if your find it through the regular shopping that can be used too depends on your comfort level mainly.

19. Romil Sahani

Romil SahaniNew Member

Threads:
    Living in metropolitan cities is about being on your toes, round the clock. And those of us who reside in one of the glitzy city centers of India are always hankering for more time! There are humungous crowds everywhere! And the demands of life are huge. Considering that most of us need to travel a long distance for work, braving the daily traffic, it is nothing unusual that we seek comfort and convenience wherever we can! And this is where

has made a huge difference to one and all!

20. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Ever since I've learned to shop online (yey!) I enjoy looking into some nice dresses. But I haven't bought any, yet. My daughter buys hers online. And quite stylish, too. Comparing prices, I find online shopping (with free delivery) more affordable.