Shopping at the mall or online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I choose online over the mall every time. I do not like the mall, I do not like mall prices, atmosphere, crowds, ect. Even the good sales are not very good compared to online. The first place I look for clothes is always thrift shops, but if I can't find the item I need there I will buy online.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like aspects of both, but I shop in person more often. I like being able to feel the materials and assess the fit of things before I make a decision to buy. Shopping online does open up more options, and I’ve gotten some nice clothing that way. Sizes can vary wildly, though, especially as I seem to be between sizes for most shops. And sometimes you run the risk of overspending just to take advantage of free shipping deals; I know I’ve done that.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can relate to that, because many years ago, I saw a girl that wears the exact same shirt as mine! And I bought it at the same mall too. It's not a nice feeling seeing someone who has the same outfit as you. I do shop online more now, but I agree that it is a gamble. I ended up buying clothes that don't fit me, good thing they're cheap. I'll just re-sell them.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Before, I actually preferred shopping at the mall. But after finding out and realizing that
    online shopping is more convenient and there are a lot of ways you could get a discount at a marketplace site, I now love shopping through cyber space. :)

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online now just because it's a bit more practical since I not only get to save money but also time as well because I don't have to drive to the destination or fall in line to pay. The only downside is that it gets a bit too tempting that I sometimes go overboard but overall I think it's the more practical choice especially if you consider there are lots more promos online than in a mall.

6. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I shop online just because it's often cheaper (free shipping) and there's much more variety. It also helps that I can shop for clothes from the comfort of my bed haha. The only items I cannot buy online is underwear (bras). I always have to try it on before buying.

7. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    I love online shopping! The reason being is that I can find a lot better deals online than I can in the mall. Plus online you can compare the prices of different items and styles of clothes quickly! Also, you do not feel as if its too crowded and have to go through different areas of the store trying to find the item you want! If you want a dress online you can easily just click the dress tab!

8. Gwendolyn Fredricks

Gwendolyn FredricksNew Member

Threads:
    I'm an online shopper, too. I haven't shopped at a mall in so many years because there are so many options now. When shopping online, I get to stay in my jammies and just shop from the comfort of my home. However, sometimes I do go to a department store like Walmart and grab something quick. Other than that, I am an online girl.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop at the mall but my husband would love if I would shop online. Obviously, I take too much time to check the items in the mall and my husband loses patience over that. Now that online shopping is in fashion, he always urge me to buy online.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a little of both nowadays. I shop online and at the malls, depending on what I intend to buy. Online stores were not so trendy a few years ago. Though there were a few informal shops, you'd still think twice before making your purchase since scammers were - and still are - rampant. Nowadays, there are thousands of online stores with licenses, proving their authenticity. I could buy just about anything online except grocery, cars and large appliances.

11. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I prefer shopping malls. I want to make sure that the clothes I buy fit me well and look good on me. I know what size I usually buy but it may vary in different shops. Same with shoes. Most of the shoes I try on in stores don't fit me at all so I'll never buy shoes online. However, I do buy jewellery, sunglasses and bags online. I like the wider range of clothing that online shopping offers but I still don't risk buying anything that I may need to return.

12. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I love going to the mall but just to window shop and look around.
    It happens very seldom that I actually buy something for myself at the mall. If I buy clothes there then it would be for my kids.
    For me the mall is also a great place to meet with friends and go have a coffee and cake somewhere.
    Therefore, when it comes to clothes for myself I prefer to buy them online. It is definitely a lot of fun!

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what I found out...sign up for a free account per se at Walmart, you get the latest on their roll backs and sales right to your email...no searching needed. Same as with Safeway.com with your card you can sign up for a free account online where they have digital coupons not in the newspapers at times so it's a plus to have these online accounts. I even have a Saver's Club Card for the local Saver's Thrift Shop. I get all sorts of sales events to shop at. My friend says what sale, he goes to Saver's too. I told him to get the notice you got to have a Saver's card and give them your email to get the notices. You get all sorts of bargain notices when you sign up for free accounts online. Brick and mortar stores are fun to go to to do window shopping and grocery shopping. Check CVS and Walgreens weekly sales online and sign up for their cards and accounts too! Happy shopping with bargains!

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop at the mall because I get to try on clothes and I get to use coupons! I don't like shopping for clothes online because I don't know how things are going to fit and returns take forever! I feel like I always have to pay a restocking fee and for the return shipping.

15. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have to be honest. It has probably been 10 years since I have been to an actual mall. I have been to department stores, but no mall. The traffic to get to the one nearest to me is horrendous and I don't want to park and then walk a mile just to get into the mall. I have gotten so used to buying clothes from tv or online that I don't think about the mall any more. And the return policies are so easy now, that I don't feel the need to go to a mall.

16. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Really, all boils down as a matter of preference. If you like to take your family and take a stroll to the mall and for social value, shopping there is not a poor idea, even if is eventually more expensive. Online shopping is generally cheaper due to offer variety but it does not have the same thrill and enjoyment than hitting the street and look for offer or talk with people about it.

17. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy clothing and shoes at the mall or a physical store. I like trying on the clothes and prefer to know that they fit before I purchase them. When it comes to shopping online, I don't mind shopping for accessories online though.

18. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    That's exactly how I feel. I remember being in high school, everyone were anticipating shoe releases. I had a neighbor who told be that he was going to skip school just to make sure he had a pair of shoes that he knew were going to be sold out.

I told him that what's the point, when he gets to school 4 dudes in everyone of his class will have the same shoe. I was right, so shopping online is perfect for me because it gives you exclusivity. You can find stores online, especially strictly online stores with clothing and shoes that you will find no where else.

I always shop online, nothing wrong with being unique. I will pay for shipping just like I do with gas, plus many companies offer fair priced goods and free shipping.

19. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    I really dislike going out to buy clothes, but it's definitely necessary when buying things like pants or blouses that need to be tried on, but I'll definitely opt to shop online for things like socks, stockings, accessories, and small things like that which don't need to be tried on. I'll occationally buy T-shirts and such online though, since the fit of those don't vary that much!

20. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I shop both online and at the nearby mall. Each option definitely has its own advantages and disadvantages. Shopping at the mall can be good because you get to see, feel, and try out the outfits yourself. However, your options can be very limited. What’s great about shopping online is that you have a lot of clothes to choose from. However, shopping online can be a bit more expensive because you usually have to pay for the shipping costs.