Shopping at the mall or online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both, it all depends on what I'm looking for and the sales, stores etc. for pants and jeans for example, I have to go in store. I can only get leggings online, pants and jeans I need to try them because it's hard to find the ones that are good fit. Suits and Blazers also I like trying them out.
    I get dresses, blouses, even shoes online all the time. I prefer to do it online because they usually fit more easily and it's easier to find good bargains.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're probably right! And I too hate seeing someone else wearing an item of clothing that I have LOL -especially if it's something I really treasure and they seem to not really take pride in the way they put it together. Silly, I know, but that's me right there LOL So I basically do a little online shopping as well as offline. I tend to frequent not so well-known sites and stores, and don't necessarily go for fashion items. That helps me avoid wearing the same stuff as most LOL I mean, a lot of high street stores are all about pushing volumes, aren't they? I hate that!

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to do both. I do more window shopping online. I love to go to my favourite stores and browse online. I wait and watch for sales. If they have free shipping and returns then I'll buy something knowing that if it doesn't fit or I don't like it I can just pop it in the mail and get my money back. But I also love going into stores and trying things on. What I don't like about shopping at malls is the other stuff like finding parking or waiting in lines to check out. Sometimes I'll look at things online and then go to the store to try it on. I'm always looking for ways to save money so I find I can save by shopping online since I'm not spending money on parking or gas when I shop from the comfort of my own home. I also love that I can shop online at any time too. Time is money.

4. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    If I had a high budget to spend I would always go to the mall... There's nothing better than going to the dressing room and actually seeing how what you're buying will look like in your body. I've noticed that I tend to spend less when I'm buying something physically, I find it easier to give something up if I'm buying it in person. Everything looks too good online.
    But unfortunately it's so hard to give good shops where I live... So I always end up buying things online anyway.

5. James Balogh

James BaloghNew Member

Threads:
    It doesn't make a lot of difference, considering that you'll find most of the things online that you'll find at the mall. But it obviously saves time shopping for things online. I regularly damage my footwear, so after a lot of online search, I managed to find a website that offers good quality footwear at decent prices.

6. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    Usually I am check the styles on the mall then search the same style with the same brand online on holiday shopping, it could save lots of money.

7. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Both the mall and online shopping have their pros and cons. I'd go to the mall because it's better to personally see the item first before buying it. Sometimes I don't like commuting and shopping where there are too many people. I've also tried online shopping and I do like the convenience. However, if I'm shopping for clothing or footwear, I need to be sure of the size. So far, I haven't experienced getting an item that doesn't fit but it did happen to my mom, who got a pair of sandals too big for her that I ended up wearing instead.

8. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Online wins hand-down for me. For so many reasons too. I do agree that you can get more unique clothes online. And I have never had much of a problem with fitting either. I have to send things back, but only rarely. I love shopping from the comfort of my home. That way I can save my energy for more important things.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If I have the opportunity I would choose shopping at the mall over online shopping on any given day.
    Shopping at the mall affords me the opportunity to examine and fit the merchandise to enable suitability to me. Shopping online I have to be wondering it the goods will be suitable when they arrive because at that time it would be the first ocassion I would be seeing it for real. Therefore, shopping at the mall would probably have less surprises.

10. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I somehow think the same way as you, however, I always consider going to the mall whenever I can not find what I'm looking for online, sometimes I dig really deep in online shops and such sites and never find anything similar to what I want, we all know that if we're going to spend money it has to be on what we really want, I know a lot of people that get interested in something andend up buying something way too different to what they were looking for, so yes, I consider malls when that happens, otherwise I stick to online shops.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really mind it when I see others wearing what I have it's never the same exact thing, most of the time it's the same shirt. But I do prefer to shop online simply because it's cheaper than the mall. At the small you get two outfits and probably spend about 60 bucks, which I could take that sixty bucks and use it online and get me two outfits and still have enough to get both my children outfits. And online has a whole lot better selection for clothing than the stores.

12. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Even though I like to feel the fabric, I have begun buying most of my clothes on line. I have bought enouggh that there are stores whose sizing charts I trust. I do miss being able to have the product the same day I buy it, but I don't miss the lines or trying yo find a parking space.

13. gwood

gwoodNew Member

Threads:
    For clothes I always prefer going to a mall. I like to try the stuff out before buying and waist/chest size is not everything when you are looking for a perfect fit. I also like to feel the fabric of the cloth. For almost everything else though, I prefer online shopping as it is very convenient.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree about the clothes. I don't drive, so getting to the mall can be difficult, unless I get a ride from family. In that respect it would be easier to shop online for clothes, but I prefer to shop at the mall for clothes. As far as food and other items, I would prefer to shop online.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked shopping at the mall. Or at any other cookie cutter place. I don't like dressing like every single person I pass.. I just dislike trends in general, for that reason. So second hand places (earth friendly to boot) both brick and mortar and online. Best way to steer clear of all that.

16. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy both locally and from online stores. If a piece of cloth catches my eye I will most likely buy it regardless of where I get it from. Of course I am keen about quality too.

You can get good deals both in online and in offline stores.

17. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have friends who like buying clothes online, but I am still not comfortable in buying clothes online.Sometimes when I see it look nice, but it may not fit me well. Hence I always prefer to try the clothes first then only I buy it.

I agree that there are more choices when you shop online, and you can even get them at cheaper rate.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have not been to any sort of mall in forever, nor have I felt the need to go, which I am pretty sure most people are similar. I have heard reports of them closing and I cannot see this changing.

19. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy my clothes offline rather than online. I like to try it on first and see how it will look on me. See and feel the fabric also. I have tried buying clothes online, but sometimes the color and the fabric that you see on the screen is totally different than what you get.

20. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I do both because there are so many discount deals online and offline. What makes offline better though is the fact you can quality check in person and you can negotiate for the price easier. I still buy newspapers for coupons for both online and offline purposes.