Shopping Career

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Sunshine • Feb 5, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Have you found a way to make a career out of shopping?

Or do you know of any careers that can be made out of shopping?

I have always been an avid bargain shopper and think there just must be some way I can get paid for this great skill :p

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    You can do mystery shopping jobs, where you get paid to go shopping and have to report back. You could also try to become a personal shopper if you think you've got a good taste in style and know how to dress someone. Beyond that, I can't really think of any conventional "shopping" jobs.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since you're good at getting bargains, you could start a blog about getting deals and frugal living.
    You could give tips on where to find that best deals, review shopping websites and post videos of your hauls. You could have AdSense or be an Amazon associate to get paid for clicks on your blog.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks guys, those are some great suggestions! I especially like the idea of starting a blog, although that might be some hard work. But I could easily post pictures of my bargains, that's a great idea.

I have done some mystery shopping but never ended up getting paid! Recently though I found an app called "field agent", where it looks like you can do quick jobs for some half decent cash. I haven't found a job come up in my area though, so I'm not sure how viable it will be for me.

5. mstaffney

mstaffneyNew Member

Threads:
    Sunshine,

The best job that you can get paid for your bargain finds is to sell them on eBay or Threadflip. I own a secondhand store and I have posted some of my merchandise on eBay and Threadflip and made more money than what I was selling the merchandise for in my store. Threadflip's payout is more than eBay's and your account will be funded within 24 to 48 hours whereas eBay takes about a week or two to fund your account. Take photos of your merchandise and upload the photos to these two sites.