Shopping for clothes that celebrity wears

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by mrsgeedee • Feb 19, 2013.

1. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Do you shop for clothes just because a famous star or celebrity is wearing it? Or you just use it as a guide in buying what's in or not? :p

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really into the whole famous people wear or what's "in" or not i just buy whatever i like and looks good and is comfortable i think it's crazy to go and waste a bunch of money on clothes just cause someone famous wears it or it's in.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I dot normally buy what a celebrity is wearing. I rather buy something that is similar in style if I actually like it. I won't buy something just because it is on trend, I just wouldn't be statistics and it wouldn't be my style so I guess it really depends on the clothing and my taste as well.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do watch celebrities who have a similar body shape that I have for style tips. I don't want to copy celebrities, but if it something that I like, I will look for something similar.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I never really buy or ape anyone's style. I have my own idea of what suits me and what doesn't and go with it.. I may try a style if I like it.. not because some celebrity wore those kind of clothes. I thi nk more than style you need to consider your personality, comfort and practicality before you buy clothes.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In this sense, my answer is emphatic: NO. Usually I don't go by the trend in fashion topics. I recognize that I am a person who cares about the details and I enjoy wearing nice clothes, but showbiz isn't my main point of reference. The lights of the show requires celebrities to wear extravagant or expensive clothes, and we all know that that possibility is far from our wallets. However, it is always fun to take a model or a special clothing for reference, but only for some special occasions. I defend personal style, this dress feature that sets us apart. I think that imitation dynamics is more related to the way women relate to fashion, men are oblivious to that circumstances. ;)

7. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Like most of you, I prefer to not buy any clothing just because a celebrity wears it. But i do seek sometimes for guides in magazines about the current trends, but still, I tend to buy clothes that I think would look good on me and would make me comfortable, and considering the price too. It just surprises me how there are people who really go out of their way just to have that same dress that a Kate Middleton or Michelle Obama or any other celebrity wear just because a famous person wore it.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped for clothes a famous person wears. I don't really pay much attention to what celebrities wear. i bought a pair of Red Wing boots and a few weeks later I found out Drake wears Red Wings, that was cool.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I never shop for clothes that have anything to do with celebrities or what they wear. These days when I shop for clothing I have something specific in mind based on what I need. I don't worry about what's new or what's trendy. I just get what I like. Besides, celebrities wear some crazy stuff.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I agree with Chanell - I shop for what I want, not what some celebrity is walking around in. Some fashion magazines and newspaper fashion sections do features on how you can get an alternative, cheaper version of what the celebs are wearing, and if something really caught my eye, I might go down that route. It hasn't happened so far though, so it's unlikely.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I never go for what anyone else wears, I go for cheap and what I like and what looks good on me. I leave those celebrities in a class by themself because they are wasting there money and they still don't look any better. They are common people just like you and I and the only thing they have more than you and I is money and a better job.

12. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Never done that before and I would think I wouldnt do it. Its way too expensive and I am an old fashioned lady when it comes to clothes. I can stick to my jeans and tshirt forever I think? hehehehe

13. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Not actually I don't buy my clothes by watching that a celebrity wearing it.I buy my clothes according to my requirement and comfort.

14. sweetseraph

sweetseraphNew Member

Threads:
    I have my own choice for purchasing clothes.I have my own taste I don't watch celebs and buy something similar to what they wear.

15. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:
    I'll admit I checkout what they are wearing. I'll browse a few blog site and check i tout. I mean I love trying new stuff on and seeing how it feels/fits. A$AP WE TRUST haha

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    No, why would I? I only buy clothes I like and that I think look good on me.

17. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Seldom use it as a guide. Most of the time, i will buy the clothes if i like it at first sight.

18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What celebrities wear doesn't even enter my mind when I am buying new clothes. I don't pay much attention to celebrities in general. I buy the clothes I like and I search for the best value. My decision is based on quality, how well it fits with my wardrobe and value.

19. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I get a kick out of reading the "score this look for cheaper" articles in women's magazines, in which they dissect the outfits of celebrities and basically copy them for much cheaper with more readily available brands. I read these for entertainment. I don't ever actually try to buy clothes that look like something a celebrity wore simply because a celebrity wore them.

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I just use them as my guide because I don't think it would be practical to buy the stuff that they're wearing if I can't afford to pay for them. Plus most of these artists have sponsored designers so most of the time they really don't buy their clothes. I'd rather see them as an inspiration for style.