Shopping for clothes that celebrity wears

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by mrsgeedee • Feb 19, 2013.

1. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing myself, if I wear comfortable, I dont' care.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Don't celebrities usually wear the same things that everyone else wears anyway? Granted, they're usually wearing a much more expensive version, but at the end of the day, a striped shirt and jeans is just a striped shirt and jeans.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    And you are so right, they are buying, they think, something better than us but like you said at the end of the day, how many times are they going to wear the same pair of jeans and shirt or whatever. So they may as well be just like us and buy reasonable clothing because they are not going to wear it everyday. So why throw away money when it is not necessary. They can step down off there high horse because some of the things we buy last just as long and are cheap.

4. samira1

samira1New Member

Threads:
    Well I love shopping and purchase my all dresses online.

5. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I don't go out looking for clothes that a celebrity has worn. However I do sometimes follow celebrities trends, not exactly following them but trying things that they have worn before. Some clothing brands such as True Religion and Rock Revival were sort of started by celebrities, and they are both brands I wear often.

6. Dylansmom

DylansmomNew Member

Threads:
    I mean I will watch a certain celebrity whose style I like and try to find something similar but I won't just try to wear exactly the same thing.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I never really looked up to celebrities when it comes to fashion, because what they're wearing is expensive anyway, like the average Joe can't really afford it. Although their style can be a good gauge of what's hot and what's not in fashion at the present moment.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't shop for clothes just because I saw a celebrity wearing it or because a celebrity is promoting it. Even if I like the clothes, I don't think I can ever afford them, and spending money on clothes is not one of my habits. I appreciate good fashion though.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I shop clothes based on what I like and not because some celebrity is wearing it. I don't go for trends and latest fashion. I buy clothes because I like it, it looks good on me and it is comfortable. The clothes celebrities wore looks good on them, but I am not sure if it will also looks good on me. But I get inspiration from the clothes they wear especially when it comes to matching colors.

10. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on how nice that clothing is! I mean, not everything that celebrities wear are actually nice. I would only be compelled to buy something that I see on them if that piece of clothing is really classy or at least within my taste. I'm not gonna force myself to look like Lady Gaga for example, if that's not really my style. Again, not everything in Hollywood is actually tasteful. You can even find some of the worst outfits over there.

11. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I've never been one to follow fashion trends set by celebrities, but I have seen some clothes worn by some that I thought looked very nice, there are magazines that duplicate looks by celebrities and show you where you can buy similar looking outfits for much cheaper prices. I use these as a guide sometimes, the thing is to buy things within your means otherwise you'll end up broke!

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Hell no! I would never buy something just because a celebrity wore it! I find so ridiculous when people buy something or wear something just because "X" Celebrity wore it or something like it at one point or another. Same reason I don't wear or buy perfumes that were "created" by celebrities either. Same goes for clothing lines. It's okay if there's something you genuinely like and it just happens to also be in a certain celebrities product line, but not to wear something just because it's in a celebrities product line.

13. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I've actually never thought of wearing clothes because of a celebrity. I guess I don't really follow celeb style that closely so I cannot think of any celebrity who is a fashion icon. I do like to look at clothes on lookbook(dot)nu because it's interesting to see how people pair clothing items, patterns, jewelry, etc.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a young, impressionable teen I bought clothes that were knockoffs of things that pop stars wore.
    In retrospect, those are the old photos that look the most ridiculous. Nowadays I go for a simple, timeless all black wardrobe instead of copying celebrities.

15. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are celebrities whose styles I admire, but for the most part they tend to err on the classic side in their tastes. So they’re also quite easy to emulate for cheaper. And sometimes I’ll buy something that reminds me of a certain celebrity’s style, without being an outright copy. I definitely wouldn’t buy something just because I saw it on a celebrity, though, or because it’s part of a celebrity line. I’ll buy it if I like it and I can afford it, that’s always the bottom line.