Shopping for petites

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by junebug • Aug 9, 2014.

1. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    Where do you go shopping, if you are petite? Do you find certain stores that carry smaller sizes or that fit petites better? Do you ever take your clothes to be tailored? Have you ever shopped in the kids' department??? I do think that stores are becoming more mindful of petites (or maybe just different sizes in general)

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My sister is petite and in her 20s. She shops at Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic. Both stores have younger styles and you can buy your entire wardrobe if you want, she buys workwear, dresses for going out and jeans and t-shirts that she wears when running errands. The best part is, especially Ann Taylor Loft, both stores often have great sales and you can sometimes catch an additional percentage off sale.

3. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    Those are two stores I love shopping at - though I can afford Ann Taylor Loft more than Banana Republic! I know that Banana Republic has a petites section. That is definitely my personal style, though. I like tailored and chic clothes. But of course they look a lot better when they fit correctly, which doesn't always happen when you're petite.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping for petites isn't easy. I only know this because my grandmother was a small woman unlike myself. Whenever we bought her clothes, we went to specialty shops or certain areas of department stores that sold smaller sizes. Fortunately, these days, more and more retailers cater to a wider range of body types.

FYI . . .
    20140119-petite-sizes.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I have a hard time shopping for clothes for this reason, because things tend to look weird on me. I've recently started shopping at Debs though, and a lot of their clothes tend to fit me right because they seem to have a pretty wide range of sizes and styles, so I recommend checking them out if you ever have the time.