Shopping from Stores Overseas

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Lady350 • Nov 2, 2014.

1. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I needed a good deal on my wedding dress, so I went to a bridal shop. that was a huge mistake. I tried on dresses so that I can know my measurements. Then I ordered from an online store that was based in China. My dress and my bridesmaids dresses were perfect, so perfect that I ordered to more for 2 separate occasions. I will definitely order from them again.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Was it a Chinese made to order store? I'm sure they offered free shipping. If you were satisfied with the product and stitching then good for you. I noticed that the stitching of some of the Chinese products that I bought on Ebay were not good.

3. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried that, maybe because I was afraid that ordering from such a long distance might get me burned with the item or the price. After I read about your experience I'm considering ordering something like that, I know that in China they have pretty small prices for different items, however the bad fact is that you can't change it if they gives you a bad measure or something like that.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Never shopped anywhere overseas online. I don't really see the need for it. There is nothing that I am dying to buy that I would have to order from oveseas. Everything I want and need is right in the United States. Last time I checked, we had the best products and the best prices so I'm not really sure what the point of buying from overseas unless it was some rare product or artifact.

5. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I reluctantly ordered some miniature routing bits on Amazon knowing that the bits would come from China. The time given was about 2 to 3 weeks for delivery but only took a little over a week. For the price, they turned out to be one of the best purchases I have made in a while when it comes to tools. The closest thing to them is Dremel bits which are 3 times as much with half of the selection.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I would think you would lose an arm and a leg on the delivery charges. I guess not ?