Shopping lists?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Oakster • Mar 11, 2014.

1. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I make lists for everything. Otherwise I will just forget to do things until it's too late. Lately I've been making lists just for the "fun" of it. It's like when you browse online and add a bunch of things you would like to have but never buy them. Just last night I was making a list of all the things I would like to do this week but probably won't have time for. Like finishing a whole book or trying out a new recipe I've been wanting to do forever. For groceries or things I need to get done I usually use the notepad on my computer screen and then transfer everything to paper when I need it. The reason being I can never keep track of notepads. Either I have too many lying around and I can't find the one I'm looking for or my kids will steal them away. Plus the computer is on most of the day in our house due to my kids being home schooled and me working from home. So it's easy to just type something on the screen the second I need it.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to but haven't in years. I really need to start doing that though because I often tend to get carried away and buy a bunch of specialty items that I will only use for one or two meals, instead of all the staple food items I need to get me through till my next payday.

Part of it is because of all these cooking shows I watch on TV and online, which get me wanting to try out all kinds of new recipes. Also, out of boredom, I like to get out frequently and walk around the grocery stores.

For a while, I was really disciplined about getting a good selection of fresh veggies and some fruits, as well as fresh meats, and such - instead of processed stuff. But then I started noticing a lot of it would go to waste because, so I figured I should instead make more trips to the store and only get what I needed for that evening, to maybe avoid buying veggies I will never end up using. But that lead me to start spending more per meal in the process, because I wasn't thinking of my spending lasting me two weeks, I was just blowing money daily.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really one to write things down anymore though, and I have not done so in years upon years now. I am more one to use my smartphone, which has a notepad application that came installed upon the phone when I purchased it. But whenever I have to get something, that is the first thing that I do. It saves time finding a pen and a paper.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I always make a shopping list of items I need otherwise I ALWAYS forget a staple item. Although I try to stick to it, I definitely wander and purchase items not on the list, especially if there is a good sale going on. Another reason I like the list is because it helps me get an idea of what items I am buying consistently and which are just a treat. I don't know how people remember everything with out a list! I give them a lot of credit.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well there are usually always a select number of items that I will remember, no matter what. But on the flip side, there always seems to be those items that I desperately need or want, that I will always forget. The best way to make sure that you don't forget is to make a not of them, whether that is writing them down or typing the items into your phone. It is also helpful to make a note of the brand you are looking for.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    I sometimes have a shopping list. I try to stick to it, but I frequently can't pass up something on sale, or specials. Having a list does help immeasurably,not only for organizational purposes, but to keep you from spending too much money. I think I would be depressed if I passed up the goodies, I want, especially if they were on sale.