Shopping On Amazon

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by biron • Feb 28, 2015.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Since the very early day I got into Amazon, I found easy to find products, but not easy to complete an order being both, buyer and affiliate. Therefore, Amazon makes confusing ordering when it tries to use your affiliate id rather than your buyer profile.

Actually Amazon is indeed much the way Google is; Jack of all trades, master of none. So that, I have moved back to mail direct, ordering from catalogs.

For this purpose, and now in the 21st century, rather than having printed catalogs arriving to my home via postal service, ironically I use Google's online catalogs service here,

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will always do a quick search to see where I can find things for the cheapest, but more often than not, Amazon will come out on top, so I end up ordering from them anyway! I don't mind ordering on there, because their products are always great, and are posted quickly to me. I have ordered things that have arrived on the next day before now, without me even having to pay for that delivery! So as long as they stay this good, I will continue to order from them.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    This brings-up something I hate about 'money today': how it's less-&-less 'a treasure you possess' and more-&-more 'nothing-but-faith that a) the buyer's numbers are "owned by" the person the seller is dealing with and b) that the buyer will soon "earn" the treasure that the seller would accept in exchange for the good-or-service they give.'

I guess I'm carrying-on the tradition of Doubting Thomas (the disciple-of-Jesus who--in Christian mythology--told his fellow disciples that he wouldn't believe their story (telling of Jesus' resurrection after the crucifixion the all saw) until he actually saw-&-felt Jesus there)---I don't like to call something given-or-taken unless I can see/feel the giving-or-taking!

I guess I'm wondering: Is there any way we can uphold the 'real-stuff for real-stuff'-paradigm (quid pro quo)? I mean, the 'credit-card' option shouldn't be the default; it should require at least the little bit of extra thought, to remember that it's A MUTATION of 'bartering live chickens!' :p

4. purplepaint

purplepaintNew Member

Threads:
    I don't live in the US or a country where Amazon is based in, so their shipping costs are enormous, like $5 per shipment and another $5 per pound even if I just want a cheap phone case or adapter.

I sometimes end up searching for hard to-find items on Amazon because they have such a large range, but the shipping almost always makes it far too expensive for me. They often don't clearly indicate whether an item is eligible for international shipping either.

However, I purchased books from them once, it all arrived well packaged and on time!

5. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Basically everything I'm shopping for except for food, I basically look up on Amazon first because it's just that popular! It has a huge marketplace and basically sells everything you can even think of! And earning amazon gift cards are quite easy online and I love the fact that your able to stack gift cards because it turns the website into a small savings account just for purchasing items on their website. The convenience and ability to find anything you want is what really wins me over. I've never had any problems purchasing on amazon and I love the customer review system. The customer review system is probably the best in my opinion and it really helps you to find the item your really looking to spend money on. But I wouldn't really pay for prime because in my opinion, it's not really worth that much money a month for me :/.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon, mostly because they seem to offer almost everything..and you are almost certian to find items that are in your price range. The one complaint I have about them, well actually two..the fact they made their super saver shipping 35 dollars. It used to be 25, and also sometimes items take longer to ship then they state. It gets tiresome.

8. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    I don't understand why shopping through a PDF catalog could be any easier than simply ordering it from Amazon. PDF catalogs may be nice to look at, but they're definitely not more convenient. Especially if you have something like Amazon Prime, that gives you free shipping for everything you order over $35. If that's an inconvenience, then call me inconvenienced.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even think of Amazon as a direct competitor for Google. Google is not an online store, it's a search engine.
    They show search results when I look for products, but those search results usually take me to Amazon anyway.
    A lot of people distrust how Google Analytics keeps track of our searches and surfing history to create a picture of who we are, so they're not likely to buy anything from them ,even if they went into retail.

10. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    Amazon, is alife saver for many, I do not think that Google can stand any chance ag ainst Amazon, so many people are so used to Amazon it is very affordable.

#30Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  11. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Amazon and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I have a Prime membership, and it is well worth it in my opinion- I love the free two-day shipping. It's pretty much the only place I online shop right now, and their prices are awesome, too! Also, their customer service is great- I've only had one incident, but it was solved so fast that it really wasn't a problem. I'm not sure I'd compare it to Google, since they aren't really the same product/service, but it is definitely one of the top online retailers.

12. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge Amazon fan. I find Prime to be a great peak. If I need something last minute it is usually easier and quicker for me to buy it on line. I also think Amazon's prices are a a lot better then stores in many cases. I buy everything from books to vitamins off Amazon and it is a lot cheaper then going to the store.

13. Lisak

LisakNew Member

Threads:
    Many a box from Amazon.com has landed on my porch :). Unless a store has an exclusive toy or item, I can find anything I need on Amazon and the prices are what keeps me coming back again and again. The $$ requirement for free shipping is so low and I buy so many items there that I can't remember the last time I had to pay for shipping. I am intrigued by Amazon Prime but I have not made the commitment yet; I know I order enough to justify the $75.00.
    I have never had any problems with order/delivery (knock on wood).
    In regards to Google Shopping, I never really use it for shopping price comparison. It's just as easy to copy and paste the name of the item in Google and then look vendors that sell that item in the results. So, for me, Google is great and mostly used as a search engine.

Happy Shopping!
    Lisa

14. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also a fan of Amazon. It's often quicker for me to order it via prime them find a night during the week I can run to the store. Also a lot of times it's cheaper on Amazon. I ordered a book there during Black Friday and it was less then half the amount in the store. For me it's totally worth it. I find if you automatically reenroll in Amazon prime it's about $50, half the price when I initially joined.

15. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness I cannot say enough how much I LOVE Amazon. Amazon can do anything they put their mind to! I think Amazon is a really great thing, I am definitely happy it was created haha. Most of the stuff I get is from Amazon as well. It is almost ALWAYS the first place I check for something I need. The Amazon people seem to have really nice service. My sister always got quick service when she wanted to take something back. I never had a problem with Amazon so far. The prices can be somewhat high up there. I think it would be cool if some of the price cut down a bit. It's really that shipping that gets me when I try to purchase stuff. I will continue to shop there in the future for sure, because overall it is a fantastic place!

16. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Amazon and have bought different items from the site. I really like Amazon for books and have a bunch of books in my wishlist. I have never had amazon prime because I don't buy enough from amazon to justify paying for it. I do like to browse the site to see what is new. Amazon is supposed to have this handmade section for sellers and I wanted to give that a go.