Shopping On Discount Sites

Discussion in Online Shopping started by gracer • Sep 2, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have just recently discovered a local discount shopping site in my country called Metrodeal, which offers all kinds of deals such as travel, food, spa and salon services, and many more. I checked out the reviews and it turns out that the site is legit and has no hidden fees with the promos and discounts they offer.

I'm still browsing through the site to find some good deals for me and my family, especially on the travel deals. Do you also avail of products from discount sites?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It should depend on the site. If it's a legit site and you've heard only good things about it then if you can save money when you shop on that site then you should shop more often on that site.

Buy something that doesn't cost much just to get a feel of what buying from the site is like. If you are satisfied with quality of services or any product you buy, then you could continue to buy more stuff from that site.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried buying such discount coupons yet since I don't need them as of now, but when the time comes when I need discounts on a specific store or item then I will browse the store to see if I can get some coupons that I need.

4. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, when it comesto discounts I really take advantage of them when I shop at the local stores, I do not really know about you, but I've never trusted those online offers where you only have to pay half of the price and stuff like that, it just doesn't look too reliable for me. That's my opinion though.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For travel deals, our haunt is the website of CebuPacific Air. It is the best airline when it comes to discounted plane tickets. In fact, our travels are mostly on that airline except when we get promo tickets from other airlines like the most recent was a trip to Hongkong next year via Cathay Pacific. With this kind of shopping, all we need to do is to take a peek at the website if there is a standing promo.

The only drawback with our favorite airline is the limitation. All our travels are confined to Asia because that is the territory of the said airline. Right now we are looking for cheap plane tickets to the US and Europe, that's our plan for 2017.

6. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens I have never used the services of Cebu Pacific because of their bad reputation when it comes to delayed flights, hidden charges and other stuff so I'm really curious as about your feed back when it comes to this airline because you seem to have a lot of experience with them. Didn't you ever encounter any problems with them?

7. harper

harperNew Member

Threads:
    My issue with some discount sites is that there is always a catch when you try their deals. I am a subscriber to plenty of coupon-code websites as well as some crowdshopping sites and I noticed that when you attempt to make use a of a coupon code, there are certain limitations that keep you from maximizing the deals you get. I tried to purchase a portable grill from a crowdshopping site once, and I couldn't get more than 10 even though I was willing to pay for all of them (I wanted to sell the rest).

Right now, my go-to sites for good deals are Amazon (provided I have a discount code) and Etsy, because their homemade, handcrafted merchandise are always cheaper, from experience. I still try to do business on discount sites, but when something looks too good to be true, I turn away immediately.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a cynic, myself, I wasn't surprised to discover this. Some of the discounts on many of the products are too good to be true. And if that is a thought that crosses your mind, then that is usually the case. You and I, and I think many others, have experienced this with these sites.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Almost all airlines suffer delays but Cebu Pacific is the least in delays as per our experience. With the hidden costs, we take time to carefully check the online form for booking a ticket. First to be removed is the insurance that they automatically add. Next to be removed is the baggage allowance which costs something, i.e. if you don't have baggage to check in. There's also the choice seat that is automatically added and you can remove that unless you want a choice seat in the front rows.

PS. We travel every year at least 3 times and last year we had 5 flights in all. Majority of our flights are on Cebu Pacific.