Shopping On Physical Stores: How Do You Do It?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by to7update • Nov 21, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't just have the patience moving from one store to the other to have a sample of prices before deciding to make purchases finally. I once had a friend that was good at doing this, so what I'd do each time was to keep myself busy in the car with the news while she go make the purchases at the local market or nearby stores then come back and we go

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's what happens in a relationship, compromise. :) We did get smarter when shopping though, as we used to take our kids along (who are now 7 and 9) and it was a true nightmare, as they are even more impatient than me. Now we leave them with my parents and everything runs smoother. :)

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes that's true. I don't have any kids yet but when we were younger, I remember going to the mall with the whole family and with my aunts and cousins. My one cousin (who's a brat at that time) always likes to put everything he likes in the shopping cart, especially toys. And when my aunt remove them from the cart, he'll go lie down on the floor and cry and will be really stubborn until he get what he wants. I normally laugh at him whenever he does that, although I never did that since I understand. That's why children can't be brought shopping all the time because of this :D

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't always have the luxury of time to keep examining an item over and over again before buying, I wish I had all the time for such. What I'd do is go straight to what I need take a critical look at it without wasting much time, then see if the price is okay by me.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I still do it because I can check the quality of the product in person. I can also ask for discounts better in person. I have so much negative experiences from online shopping. There are scammer sellers that never delivered the product and there is a time when I end up receiving children's clothes instead of a shirt my size.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Price is definitely the major factor in shopping and everybody tries to buy goods at the cheapest price possible. I think nowadays in supermarkets you can have different brands of same product and it is quite easy to compare and choose the one that suits your budget.

When it comes to other grocery items like grains we have a better chance to save some money from a different store. In our location cost of rice in supermarkets is usually very high as they always have fresh lot in place. But in smaller shops they use to have old stock which is sometimes very cheap when compared to supermarkets'. As boiled rice is not perishable easily there is no harm in buying them from local stores.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we need to make a call and that's it. I am saying this because I am seriously considering getting an iPhone and I though after Christmas prices would come down, but in reality I just lost a discount on one of the stores I was considering to get it. If I get that price again I won't pass on the opportunity!!

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually turn shopping into a fitness activity like I pace back and forth to find the best stuff for my money. I just want to spare myself from regrets later. There are times when I would just browse over the displays to see what I can buy when I do my actual shopping a few days later. That's because I rarely buy shoes or clothes for myself and my child but when I do buy, I make sure they are durable and of high quality which often translate to a higher tag price.

9. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I used to act like this as well, going from store to store. You could almost call me the savings police. In fact, that's accurate. I was. I was the savings police. I never lost a deal. I never put aside an offer to save more elsewhere; in fact, it was addicting to a point....

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, savings police is a little too extreme for me, but if we do have the time and a passion for shopping, why not? :) OK, when it reaches addiction is ceases being fun, what happened exactly @efrain silva@efrain silva? Was addicting up to what point?

I always try to save, but not at all costs and there are simply too many shops for me to cover them all! :D

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do not go to the actual stores as much as I once did, and I think that my ability to navigate them has suffered. At the same time, though, I am getting better at navigating the online stores, which is a good thing.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do shop for bargains. I will go do my shopping and check for prices at the same time. I ride the bus so I watch my time too for I got to cook also. I love to window shop anyway, but I do limit my time for I have to do many thing in a day too. When I find something at a price I can afford and is the cheapest, I buy it at once for I've already done my window shopping for it online as well as at brick and mortar. We have a Wednesday ad in our

for supermarket shopping prices so we can see our prices all at a glance, too.

13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Lol this thread is quite interesting and only proves that women love being frugal and have beat quality stuffs ;)

I don't find this a very major problem as our markets are limited. The choices lie either between a supermarket or an open market. That narrows down pretty much as far as grocery ahopping is concerned. Since I know exactly over years now which item costs how much where, I have two different lists, one for supermarket and one for the local market.

When it comes to buying a new thing, I invest my time and do cost comparison before deciding where to shop from.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Mmm, just today I was puzzled by a work colleague that beat me to the discount. He was wearing almost equal CAT shoes to mine, and I asked him where he buys them and the price, and he said Amazon or eBay, at almost half price of what I buy them for! I need to investigate on that!!!

15. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    It is a good practice to browse through some more stores before buying anything. But sometimes, I like the thing so much (instant liking) that I buy it from the first shop itself and not go through several other shops. I know men do get tired while shopping and I too prefer to go shopping without my husband. That way I can really go to all the shops, do some window shopping as well.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I am not the biggest fan of shopping, so when I have to go alone to a shopping center, I go straight to the store I want, buy what I need, and get out, I don't check anything else. If I go with my wife we enter almost every single store, lol, it's just a matter of loving shopping, and most women do love it.

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If it's something that I really like and I don't think other stores will carry it then I buy it immediately. If it's something that other stores have like gadgets or computer stuff, then I browse other stores to ask for the price of the said item, then I buy the cheapest priced one among them all.

18. Kyle Sheeran

Kyle SheeranNew Member

Threads:
    For me it is very stressful, especially on the weekends hahaha, there are so many people, the shops are mess, you can't see anything cuz there are so many things all over the place.
    I think the main quality you need to enjoy this is patience heheheh :D

19. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    I don't stress about shopping, almost every store will give you a refund if you return the item and they will even give you a price adjustment if the item you bought went on sale within a certain time...usually around 2 weeks.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes shopping offline can be fun and if you are buying clothes you can actually try them on and see how they look as well. I like to have a plan though when I go shopping because you have the price of gas,and if you only shop once in awhile,it can be quite exciting to get out and see whats going on. I think your time is worth something though so I would call it a day after so much looking or shopping.