Shopping Search Engines

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Denis Hard • Mar 17, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The assumption that Google or Bing will get you anything you're looking for online is not entirely accurate. When shopping online therefore, the search engines you should use to get the best deals are those that are created specifically with the purpose of making online shopping easier for the user.

Some of these search engines allow you to compare prices of products on different stores and quite obviously since the SERPs will feature only stores where you'll find the product you want to buy then even the lack of the price comparison feature wouldn't matter much because you could click through the stores and check out the prices for yourself.

Here are a few shopping search engines which you could be helpful:

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds interesting, but wouldn't these engines be subject to pressure from the companies, in order to list their store above competitors?

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a possibility that can't be ruled out but well, everything has it's up and downsides. The good thing about these shopping search engines is that they help you bypass sites owned by affiliate marketers who actually don't sell the product you intend to buy.

I tried using pricegrabber and I wouldn't say I was disappointed.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use a shopping comparison site called Kelkoo to help find deals, butt I stopped using them because I was finding that more and more of the "offers" didn't actually exist, or if they did then they only applied to people living outside my UK region.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow... thanks for the tips, I actually only knew one of the websites you mentioned! I wonder if they only show you registered websites, though. Where I live, the most famous website when it comes to shopping and price comparison only has the shopping websites that are registered there. I don't known if they need to pay to have their name in there, but it makes me a little weary.

6. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    When its about finding a source for buying online stuff you do get a lot of ways for that,Searching a right source is what helps us the most and that can surely make us get the right thing for us according to our need.

7. homegoodcoupon

homegoodcouponNew Member

Threads:
    With the growing difficulties of finding stores online and the inability to filter results by available promotional deals which steadily drive retail sale conversions, Totefish is removing SEO seniority and manipulation from the search results equation in its goal to level the e-commerce playing field for merchants and removing the frustration of limited access to stores for shoppers..

8. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I never found these to be useful. I guess for some they are, but not me.

They are a good idea, I just feel like they havent perfected the process. In fact, I feel like some bigger companies control these and it would be better to have one that was controlled by someone selling nothing at all. It would be good to allow the public to connect their stores and to really provide the best prices possible. Its not an easy idea to turn to reality though. Too many variables. So these search engines lack competition.